pmdost

2010 IVAA Conference

And, while you're at the Summit, please, please do not hide in a corner and wait for people to come up to you (even though they will). Walk up to people you don't know, but want to get to know and introduce yourself. We are all there for the same reasons, and we all want to meet YOU, just as much as you want to meet us.

I wanted to reiterate this (again, are you sick of us yet?) from Terry. I know when I went to my first Summit and saw some of the names, I was intimidated. All those names you hear over and over again in the VA industry - they all put their shoes on one at a time (heck, some don't wear shoes). I remember being SO freaking nervous meeting some of those folks. None of them bite. Well, Patty might. ;) Terry DEFINITELY will. And I know it seems like we have a lot of fun. We do, but we also work. And know that it's not one big drunken fest either. I rarely drink truth be told and I'm more of a quiet, sit at the bar and talk to someone type. There's others that try to skinny dip in the pool, I'm sure ;) The point is that come and be who you are. We all are who we are too.

Guest Pat Z.

OK - so, I won't be skinny dipping any time in the near future, but I'll be there as well. Joe is even looking forward to it - he knows he has Mike to hang out with :)

I've never been to an IVAA Summit, but after FoVA, I will try to NEVER miss a conference again! What a lot of great, great information and meeting the people you talk to all year and never see..... priceless.

I was intimidated (a little) and I tend to be shy (shut up Patty), but I had a great time and since I'm on the committee for the Summit, you couldn't keep me away! You would absolutely NOT believe how much work all of the volunteers put into planning one of these events so that YOU can grow your business. I have never seen an industry like this.

And don't forget, this weekend is the END of early bird savings!!! Do it now!!!

I was intimidated (a little) and I tend to be shy (shut up Patty)

:whistlin::whistlin::whistlin:

Actually, Pat...I was so intimated at my first, second, and third VA conferences. As you saw from the last VA conference, I am also a very shy, quiet, and reserved person. I will probably be hiding in the corner's corner and shrunk down because I'll be so nervous and shy.

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Guest Pat Z.

Patty - you're right - I remember (and I don't think anyone saw us dancing) :whistlin: You know, I actually hate that emoticon since one person used to abuse it :unsure:

I was intimidated (a little) and I tend to be shy (shut up Patty)

:whistlin::whistlin::whistlin:

Actually, Pat...I was so intimated at my first, second, and third VA conferences. As you saw from the last VA conference, I am also a very shy, quiet, and reserved person. I will probably be hiding in the corner's corner and shrunk down because I'll be so nervous and shy.

This will be my second VA conference (I'll be attending the Australian VA Conference 4 weeks before hand) but my first trip overseas. I've had to scrimp and save and hubby is still worried about the money but I am definitely coming!

I know that when I attended my first business conference it totally rocked my boat. It made me think and grow as a business owner and I'm very thankful for that.

I may not be able to come every year but I'll start saving just in case!

I think it's awesome that you're going to be there! A few of us met Kathie in Canada and it was so much fun. :)

I'm looking forward to finally meeting you. :)

Patty Dost

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

Guest TerryGreen
Patty - you're right - I remember (and I don't think anyone saw us dancing) :whistlin: You know, I actually hate that emoticon since one person used to abuse it :unsure:

Uh, excuse me? You don't think anyone saw either of you dancing? Hmmm ... I might just have a few videos laying around somewhere showing people dancing. Gee ... let me look and see where they might be :naughty:

Uh, excuse me? You don't think anyone saw either of you dancing? Hmmm ... I might just have a few videos laying around somewhere showing people dancing. Gee ... let me look and see where they might be :naughty:

:whistlin: :whistlin: :whistlin:

I know where they're at. ;)

Patty Dost

My first VA conference will be in March at the AVAC which is the Australian Virtual Assistant Conference in Melbourne. It is open to all virtual assistants not just Australians! IVAA is incidentally one of the major sponsors which is awesome. On the subject of 'pink' Kylie I heard a rumour that Kylie would be speaking at the AVAC in March now that is another opportunity for you all to meet Kylie in her 'new' home town. The line up is quite excellent have a look on the AVAC website AVAC

Hopefully Patty D might upload the videos past and when appropriate future. Enjoy!

Hopefully Patty D might upload the videos past and when appropriate future. Enjoy!

Actually, the video's aren't that bad. :) They're just everyone having fun. :)

Patty Dost

Actually, the video's aren't that bad. :) They're just everyone having fun. :)

Oh, and what fun we had! ;)

I'm so sorry to be missing everything at this year's IVAA Summit. I had fully intended to go - was even on the slate as one of the speakers - but other things got in the way. I'll be thinking about all you lovely ladies (and gents) and hope that you learn lots, network successfully and meet lots of wonderful people you will add to your group of friends.

Hugs,

Pam

Well, it's official. I have registered for my first VA conference. Yeah!!!

I have to admit that I'm feeling all sorts of emotions relating to my decision to attend --- excited, nervous, excited, anxious, excited, intimidated and (did I mention) EXCITED!!!

I can't wait! Just the thought of actually attending the conference and meeting other VAs has already served to give me the kick in the pants that I've been needing to move my business forward.

All you veteran VANA members ROCK! You have shared such valuable info and feedback on your posts and my business is better for it. I can't wait to thank many of you in person in Phoenix. What a fun an informative time it's shaping up to be.

See you in 75 days!

(BTW...I've filled out the "Roommate Questionnaire" online and was wondering if anyone knew when those match-ups were going to start happening?)