pmdost

2010 IVAA Conference

Awesome Susana! You're going to have a great time and by the time the conference is over, you'll feel "excited, nervous, excited, anxious, excited, intimidated and (did I mention) EXCITED!!!" ;) But you'll also learn quite a bit for your business and get to meet other VAs face-to-face, from all over the world.

I'm sure someone who is handling the roomies will let you know soon, but I'll also tell them you were asking.

Well, it's official. I have registered for my first VA conference. Yeah!!!

I have to admit that I'm feeling all sorts of emotions relating to my decision to attend --- excited, nervous, excited, anxious, excited, intimidated and (did I mention) EXCITED!!!

I can't wait! Just the thought of actually attending the conference and meeting other VAs has already served to give me the kick in the pants that I've been needing to move my business forward.

All you veteran VANA members ROCK! You have shared such valuable info and feedback on your posts and my business is better for it. I can't wait to thank many of you in person in Phoenix. What a fun an informative time it's shaping up to be.

See you in 75 days!

(BTW...I've filled out the "Roommate Questionnaire" online and was wondering if anyone knew when those match-ups were going to start happening?)

Hi Susana -

(Just a warning - we're going to have some fun with your name - we might actually sing, "Oh Susannah" at you at some point.)

It's so AWESOME you're coming to Summit. I think you might actually be the 100th person that registered! If so, we've now met our goal of having 100 attendees!! If not - we're darn close.

By the way - I'm Dana. I'm on the Summit Planning Committee (Program Director) and its so awesome to me that there's such excitement about this Summit.

If you just filled out the Roomie Request, it might take a couple of days for Wenda to get back with you, but rest assured - she will! She's got quite a system in place to match roomies and she's good at it.

I'm sure you've looked at the schedule of sessions and know what you'd like to attend, but I'd like you (and everyone else reading that's going or thinking about going) to think what you'd like to see in the future. We plan the Summit based on what the attendees want. We provide a Survey at the end of Summit that we ask everyone to fill out and then about six months later, we send another one out asking for ideas again. That way, we fill the sessions with what you've asked for.

There's such great opportunity to network and really get to know people. For example:

Cocktail Welcome Reception on Tuesday - IVAA's way of thanking you for coming to Summit and to give you a taste of what to expect. You can expect to mix and mingle with many of the VAs there and meet some of the people you've read about.

My first Summit (2008) was where I met Tawnya for the first time. Leading up to it, I was excited and Tawnya said to me, "Be sure we meet. I want to meet you." and I thought, "WOW! She's the FOUNDER of this forum and she wants to meet me?" I'd have been happy just to meet her and shake her hand and be done with it. But nope - Tawnya had other ideas in mind. When I walked into the Cocktail reception, she was walking out of it and she was a Woman On A Mission. But, she stopped, looked at me, looked at my nametag and said, "I thought that was you!" then grabbed me, hugged me and said, "I'm so happy to meet you!" We sat and talked for a bit and had dinner later that night together and formed a bond that you can only form when you attend a Live Summit.

On Wednesdays we have "Dinner with Strangers" and contrary to how that sounds, we don't go out and find strange people on the street and take them to dinner. Fun as that sounds (to me, at least) - we ask that you find a group of attendees that you don't know and go out to dinner with them. There's several restaurants that are being prepped for our arrival.

New to Summit this year - "Network with a VA" on Thursday. Because our Keynote Speaker (Marsha Petrie Sue) has a lot (A LOT!) of contacts in the business community in Phoenix, she asked if we could somehow network with them. We've added this brief networking reception and we're inviting the Phoenix Business Community to come and meet a VA. This will also serve to help those that want to practice their networking skills so they can go back to their Chambers, BNI's, etc. and use those skills there.

Then there's the unofficial, official Pajama Party on Wednesday night after Dinner with Strangers. This year's theme is "On the BUSt" and we have tee-shirts. If you want the link for that - let me know. The tee shirts came out of a long, long thread of discussion at the IVAANet forum and its crazy how it got started.

That being said - you're going to have a blast at Summit and you'll vow never to miss another one. Please be sure we connect. I try to make it a point to meet everyone I've never met, but if you feel ignored by me - tell me, "HEY CHICKIE! You've been ignoring me!!"

74 days and counting!!!

If anyone's missed the information either on the IVAANet or Facebook, we have official unofficial Pajama Party swag available.

Here's the info:

Get your cool "On the BUSt" tee shirts, etc. here: www.zazzle.com/torlowski* (remember the * at the end - it gives us EVEN MORE money!!!)

50% off 2-day shipping on orders of $25+. Use Code: WELOVETWODAY Ends Monday!

The money we're making from this is going for the greater good. We can't release details yet, but it's hopefully gonna be HUGE! And a big boost the business of an emerging virtual assistant.

Just an FYI - as of Thursday afternoon, 19 items had been purchased and the proceeds (net profit) was over $60!! NONE of the money earned is going to either Terri or I - its being used, like I said, for the greater good.

More items will be added next week - so if you don't see something you want, send me an email & let me know.

Did you miss the Early Bird Discount for the IVAA Summit?

Well you're in luck! This Valentines, Feb. 12-14, they are giving away a box of brownies with Live Summit registrations. You might want to tell your VA buddies of this sweet deal!

Information is a bit more expanded than the Who's Attending page - haven't filled that out? VAs love to connect online:

http://live.vasummit.org/WhosAttendingForm.html

Here's Who's Attending:

http://live.vasummit.org/WhosAttending.html

If you are still in need of a roommate, be sure to fill out their matching form:

http://live.vasummit.org/roommate-questionnaire.html

Traveling by plane? Save some money by taking the taxi with a fellow VA. IVAANet members can fill out arrival and departure form inside of YahooGroups of IVAANet at http://bit.ly/8Y4LYD - they will make the entire list available to registered members for download the week leading to the Live Summit.

Are you on Twitter? When talking about the Summit or want to question other attendees, use the hashtag #IVAA10 (you can also see it on our website). Also they are posting more activities happening so you might want to swing around and see what's new (http://live.vasummit.org/activities.html).

I can't believe that I get to say this, but I just booked my flights, so I guess that means...(please insert drum roll here)

:magic::kicking:I AM GOING TO THE IVAA 2010 SUMMIT!! :kicking::magic:

Being Canadian, of course, I wanted to go to Montreal last year, but having a 3-month old I didn't want to leave my new little wee one.

But, this is a new year with new opportunities and I am soooooo EXCITED to get a chance to meet all these fabulous VAs I have been reading about for years! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Whew....that felt good.

Oh, and a special thank you to Rebekah Zobel-Jones! I have been debating attending the Summit and being undecisive, etc., etc., and she got me off the fence and did a great selling job of the benefits of attending a live VA event (which was actually a goal for Year 2 in my business plan and here I am at Year 4 :whistlin:).

Thanks, Rebekah! :thumbup:

I can't believe that I get to say this, but I just booked my flights, so I guess that means...(please insert drum roll here)

:magic::kicking:I AM GOING TO THE IVAA 2010 SUMMIT!! :kicking::magic:

Being Canadian, of course, I wanted to go to Montreal last year, but having a 3-month old I didn't want to leave my new little wee one.

But, this is a new year with new opportunities and I am soooooo EXCITED to get a chance to meet all these fabulous VAs I have been reading about for years! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Whew....that felt good.

Oh, and a special thank you to Rebekah Zobel-Jones! I have been debating attending the Summit and being undecisive, etc., etc., and she got me off the fence and did a great selling job of the benefits of attending a live VA event (which was actually a goal for Year 2 in my business plan and here I am at Year 4 :whistlin:).

Thanks, Rebekah! :thumbup:

WOO HOO! I won't be the only "Legal VA" there!!

WOO HOO! I won't be the only "Legal VA" there!!

Nope. :thumbup:

It will be great to meet you Dana, you seem to have a ton of awesome ideas around being a legal VA! : :yay:

I haven't yet 'officially' registered, I was waiting til today for the chocolates, lol. :chocolate:

Dana? Out of curiosity, what's the attendee count up to? :)

As of right now - I believe its 95 officially. There's a big brownie push this weekend, so that's going to push us up.

Come on, people! Brownies?? Phoenix?? Me?? What more could you ask for? :blink:

Dana? Out of curiosity, what's the attendee count up to? :)

As of right now - I believe its 95 officially. There's a big brownie push this weekend, so that's going to push us up.

Come on, people! Brownies?? Phoenix?? Me?? What more could you ask for? :blink:

Warm weather! LOL

Next question, what has been the biggest turn-out for an IVAA Summit? Are we possibly going to break any record? :)

Next question, what has been the biggest turn-out for an IVAA Summit? Are we possibly going to break any record? :)

Highest attendance that I know of, and that anyone has admitted to - 88 in Charlotte, 2008. So we HAVE broken the record.

For personal reasons - I want AT LEAST 101, preferably 126.