pmdost

2010 IVAA Conference

Guest TerryGreen

Truth be told ... 95 is a record for ANY of the conferences I've been to throughout my years in business ... National Association of Secretarial Services, Professional Association of Resume Writers, VAConference, FoVA and IVAA Summit!!

It would be so cool if we could actually break 100, but 95 is fabulous! I am very excited to see so many VAs making a commitment to the growth of their businesses by attending the 2010 IVAA Summit ... especially so many first-timers. It really is a testimony of commitment when you attend an event like this. We're asking you to spend $$ and take time away from both your business and your family. But trust me ... it's totally worth it. If this is your first time, you will be blown away and wonder why you waited so long.

Phoenix will never be the same!!

I'm very excited for the 95 that are registered. I keep checking the "Who's Coming" page, looking to see old friends that have signed up and the list of people coming that I have never met in person is longer than the list of people that I have met.

So what does that say? That says that we, as an industry, have a renewed passion for learning & networking. That says that the work the Planning Committee has put in has paid off and everyone's EXCITED to be a part of this.

So - is your face here? If not - why not? Yes - I understand finances and so forth, but if you can, you should. It will be the best shot in the arm you can give your business.

If you're not in a position to go this year, then I make this challenge to you: Go get a coffee can, a jar, or something and every week, put $20 into it. If you start this week doing that, here's what you can accomplish:

By May 31st, you will have saved more than enough to pay for your 2011 Summit registration (based on avg. investment of $330)

By September 30th, you will have saved enough (probably) for your plane ticket to the site of the 2011 Summit

By November 30th, you will have saved enough to pay for your hotel room at the site of the 2011 Summit - based on 3 nights, sharing a room with someone.

(And yes, I have some insider knowledge, so I know the math!)

Are you up for that challenge? I know where it is, I think I know who the Keynote will be and again - you'll be blown away!!

98 at last count. We have a special gift for the 100th person, AND - a scholarship is being put together for one lucky person attending this year. When we get the details worked out for the scholarship, I'll post it here, there and everywhere!

Guest TerryGreen

Just an FYI to the Summit goers. I'm going to be trolling for some new team members while I'm there ... with specific "technical" requirements. If you are interested in working on a team, find me and talk to me while we are in Phoenix. Do NOT NOT NOT email me or contact me about it now ... I'd rather just meet you in person and talk to you in Phoenix.

Looking forward to meeting all of you :)

You never know who you're going to meet that may be looking for JUST the skills you have! One of the sessions is for "If you’re thinking about moving your business into a multi VA design – or you’re there and not sure what you need to do now", so there will probably be at least a handful of VAs who are looking to start outsourcing their overflow, building a team or adding new members to their existing team. Again, don't "push" yourself on people, but just be sure you stand out somehow. And I HIGHLY suggest following up with people you meet after the Summit!

Here's my late arrival to this thread (man, I need to catch up with VANA more often), but I'll be at the summit in Pheonix!! I am so excited that I'll be able to make it this time... And looking forward to a little break. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of my far away VA friends again, and meeting a lot more of them for the first time.

This will be my 2nd Summit. My first one was in Charlotte, and I had an amazing time. I learned so much great information from that one and came back with this motivational fire with so many new ideas. I still connect and talk to many of the VAs I met there. I was really sad that I had to miss Montreal last year, but it was too close to my baby's arrival. But I made sure I could come this time.

And Sherra hit it on the head about how you never know who you will meet that will need the skills you have. A few VAs there, including me, will be on the lookout for potential team members. So do your best to stand out and make a good impression, but don't be pushy.

I'm so darned excited that I'll be seeing most of my nearest and dearest in 10 days!!! IVAA's 9th Annual Live Summit has THE LARGEST registrants in the history of virtual assistant conferences!!

Aside from the terrific line up of speakers and presenters at Summit, we've got members from Australia and Hong Kong coming over for this Summit, too!

New to this year's Summit is "Network with a VA" - we've invited the Phoenix business community to come for cocktails on April 22nd to meet and talk with a VA to find out who we are, what we do, how we work. I'll be excited to hear if any VA-Client relationships are formed from this event. That would be awesome!

I'm flying from Detroit to Phoenix on Monday, the 19th. My good friend, Terri Orlowski (who is also my co-author, co-hort, partner in mischief, Summit roomie, business partner, etc.) will be on my flight, too. Look out, Delta Airlines!! We'll have over 3 hours to plot, plan and create. WOO HOO!!

And, I just found out yesterday that someone who's not even a VA yet, who has been following a lot of us on Twitter, has decided at the last minute she wants to go. She was ready to suck it up and pay the almost $400, but almost simultaneously, we had a cancellation, so the person about to start her VA business is able to buy that registration! THAT'S what I call Law of Attraction at work.

But its not too late to come! We would LOVE to have you. Please go to the Live Summit website to check it all out.

I'd be really excited to see you there!!