Sign in to follow this  
RAtkerson

Can Direct Marketing work as my Niche?

Hi Ladies,

First, let me say that I am currently a lurker, and am looking to open my VA business the first of 2011. Right now, I am trying to learn all I can, develop a business plan, come up with a niche....you know, all that newbie stuff. I currently work full time at a mailhouse, so I have a very good understanding of direct mail marketing. Do you think I could turn this into my niche? For instance, I could offer:

• Mail Piece Design
  • Database Management
  • Data Entry
  • List aquisition
  • Direct Mail Campaign Consultation
  • Direct Mailings of 2500 peices or less
  • Market Research
  • Etc..

Do you think this could work as a niche? Any suggestions or input are welcome. Thanks Ladies! I love this forum and all the awesome VA's who share their knowledge and opinion (even if it hurts!)

Robin

I think it's a great idea for a niche! If it's what you enjoy doing, are good at and are knowledgeable about, go for it!

As you get your new VA biz together, there are bound to be lots of changes in how you want to eventually do things, what niche(s) you want to entertain, etc. Who knows, this could be THE niche for you or one of many. Congrats on being able to see a niche so soon, that's awesome!

I think it's a great idea for a niche! If it's what you enjoy doing, are good at and are knowledgeable about, go for it!

As you get your new VA biz together, there are bound to be lots of changes in how you want to eventually do things, what niche(s) you want to entertain, etc. Who knows, this could be THE niche for you or one of many. Congrats on being able to see a niche so soon, that's awesome!

Thanks Marie!!

Direct marketing sounds like a great niche.

This may also be the perfect time because as more and more businesses expand online, there will always be some that want to get back to their roots and will remember that the "old school" ways worked for a darn good reason!

You may also want to try and find someone that doesn't mind phone work and set up a strategic partnership so you can mail out the pieces and then they can hire the other person to do follow-up calls on the direct mail and maybe they give you a referral fee for those clients.

Best of luck to you!!

Direct marketing sounds like a great niche.

This may also be the perfect time because as more and more businesses expand online, there will always be some that want to get back to their roots and will remember that the "old school" ways worked for a darn good reason!

You may also want to try and find someone that doesn't mind phone work and set up a strategic partnership so you can mail out the pieces and then they can hire the other person to do follow-up calls on the direct mail and maybe they give you a referral fee for those clients.

Best of luck to you!!

I also thought about adding email campaigns, help with postal rules and regualtions, address standardization, NCOA, etc. I think this could really work. I also think I could offer my services to other VAs who are looking to do a direct mail campaign or email blast. I think I can offer my services much cheaper than a mailhouse, but not so cheap that I would not make a profit. Thanks ladies for your input. I'm up for any more ideas!! :thumbup: