Janet01

Looking for a way to broadcast messages to cell phones

I am looking for a way for a client to be able to send emergency announcements to all her customers cell phones as text messages. I have no idea what the term for this would be so I am having trouble searching for it.

My client isn't concerned if she has to send one email to a certain address where all the cell phone numbers would be and then the message would broadcast to the phone numbers.

Would there be an application for the Blackberry to enable this? Can you set up contact groups on a Blackberry?

hmmm, inquiring minds what to know! :huh:

Hey there Janet!

I did a quick search at Crackberry.com for an app that would handle that type of task and came up with their Quicker SMS app. Here's the link: Crackberry. Not sure if this is exactly what your client is looking for, but Crackberry is an awesome place to find apps and user input for anything and everything Blackberry (ALL models).

Here is the Quicker SMS description:

Quicker SMS is a software which allows you to send SMS on your PC. You can type SMS on your keyboard quicker than do it on your BlackBerry phone. Especially, it is very useful when you want to send group SMS to your friends. It is an effective tool to improve your efficiency and save your time.

Please visit my web site www joege com to get more information about sales promotion.(Only 28$ on my web site www(dot)joege(dot)com)

Of course, it is also a useful tool when you work beside your PC every day.

Hit keyboard on PC is definitely quicker than on phone's keyboard.

At the same time, Quicker SMS can receive new SMS from your BlackBerry phone whenever the phone is connected with it. You can save SMS from your friends on the disk permanently and forward to others easily. It supports importing all contacts in your BlackBerry phone. So you can select contacts quickly when you want to send SMS. When new SMS is coming, it will be showed on the main screen of the phone(see picture below). This function can works without PC client porgram(in trial version, this function works forever and it is free).

Quicker SMS is composed of two programs: QuickerSMS4x.exe - PC side program and QuickerSMS4x.cod - BlackBerry side program.

You can OTA install QuickerSMS4x.code on this site and download QuickerSMS4x.exe into your PC on author's website.

IMPORTANT: Before run QuickerSMS4x.exe program, please MUST quit BlackBerry Desktop Manager program, or BDM will conflict with Quicker SMS.

Hope this helps!

Well, thank you, Marie. I think this does sound like what we are looking for. Have you ever used a program like this?

the application may be what you are looking for... however... do all of your clients employees have Blackberries? what carrier do they use? AND do they have an Enterprise server? Knowing the answer to these set of Q's will help... I used to work for AT&T. :-)

Well, thank you, Marie. I think this does sound like what we are looking for. Have you ever used a program like this?

the application may be what you are looking for... however... do all of your clients employees have Blackberries? what carrier do they use? AND do they have an Enterprise server? Knowing the answer to these set of Q's will help... I used to work for AT&T. :-)

I'm sure that not everyone has a Blackberry. I'm sure they have different carriers and some probably don't even have texting enabled on their plan. So, I guess I am looking for a more generic platform?

These are not employees my client is trying to contact in this manner. They are customers. Does this change my answer?

Not sure if this may help or not, but I use a broadcast calling/text message service for managing communication on the various sports teams that I manage ("Team Mom" is my middle name.) I use www.call-em-all.com

This looks like it would work best (most economically) for under 50 or so customers. However, they can manage extremely high call volumes well into the 1000s.

This may not be exactly what you need, but could probably work in a pinch.

Susana, that sounds like a really cool service! Janet, maybe that would work for you client.

I've not used Quicker SMS app myself, though I do have a Blackberry, so I can't speak to it's qualities. But I do believe you can set up groups on a Blackberry, but even if one could not, it sounds like the app would do what your client is looking for.

If it's an app for her Blackberry that your client wants to perform this function, I'd poke around on Crackberry.com. They have a TON of apps and their forums have a multitude of information on anything & everything Blackberry.

Good luck Janet!

Janet,

You might check these services:

Alert My Family

One Call Now

Call-em-all

Group2Call

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

You could have your client just create a "group" in their BlackBerry address book and send an SMS to them problem being is if im not mistaken it only allows one per sms.

there is a way to send to everyone at once, via your own website but it would require advanced php/mysql coding knowledge.

Hi, Janet,

I'm using BoomText. http://www.boomtext.com/

You can set up groups and schedule regular text messages to send out to clients.

They also have very fast customer service response. Like when I request for SMS credits, I get a reply within 5 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Marge

Edited by VASupportPro