bayareava

Ok gimme your feedback...

Ok Im working on this release to send out next week and Im going cross eyed :blink: looking at it and playing with it so tell me what you think.

For Immediate Release

Margaret Salmond

Bay Area VA

Phone: 866-221-8660

Fax: 866-221-8660

Email: info@bayareava.info

Web site: http://www.bayareava.info

Supporting Bay Area Businesses "Virtually"

Oakland, CA - 24/2/2010 - Small businesses are caught up in a catch 22. Need administrative assistance with their offices but financially its not a feasible reality at the moment. What to do to solve their issue? "Partner with a Virtual Assistant", says Margaret Salmond, owner of Bay Area VA, a Virtual Administrative professional.

But what exactly is a Virtual Assistant? A Virtual Assistant is a professional that partners with businesses providing services from bookkeeping to general adminitrative services, graphic design to paralegal services. And since they are considered to be independent contactors, your not responsible for benefits such as health insurance.

Did you know that 96.8% of all Virtual Assistants are women and that 69.3% of these are married of whom 76..1% have children. 59.2% have college or trade school training with 82.5% starting their businesses after being the workforce for some time.

32% of the VAs surveyed charge $31-40 per hour for their services with the majority of VAs putting in 31-40 hours of work per week. Amazingly, 43.6% of the VAs surveyed normally work on weekends.

93.7% of the Virtual Assistants surveyed stated that their clients are found through word of mouth referrals with 80.1% of VAs also marketing through a website online.*

*Source: Virtual Assistant Networking Association The Media Virtual Assistant Survey The Largest Global Meeting Place Online for Aspiring and Successful Virtual Assistants

Bay Area VA currently offers serveral services to businesses across the US that include Word Processing, Desktop Publishing, Data Entry and Social Media. "Even with all that is going on in the economy, the business of business still needs to continue to get done", says Ms. Salmond. "And partnering with a Virtual Assistant that can contribute to your bottom line just make sense".

"Todays business environment and economic climate leaves room for thinking a little differently" says Ms. Salmond. "And bringing a virtual assistant into your business just makes good economic sense.

About Bay Area VA:

Before starting Bay Area VA, Margaret Salmond spent 20 years as an Administrative Service provider. She worked as a Secretary, Administrative Assistant and as a Customer Service Representative for small businesses, non profits and large Corporations in the SF Bay Area. The knowledge that she attained from her corporate life gave way to her gaining to strength and will to strike out on her own and start Bay Area VA in 2009. The primary focus of Bay Area VA is to work with small business as well as non profits as their administrative support from a virtual environment. For more information about Bay Area VA, contact Margaret Salmond by email at info@bayareava.info or call her office at 888-221-8660.

###

I think it turned out great, my only suggestion is that maybe swap the percentages at the beginning of the press release to your information and put the other at the end. When I was reading it at the beginning it was more like an article than a press release. So if you take your information about your business and show your business as one of the statistics, then it grows and is more memorable appearance. Ok so this is my opinion and I myself am not a great writer. But you as I said you did good. :thumbup:

Ok Im working on this release to send out next week and Im going cross eyed :blink: looking at it and playing with it so tell me what you think.

For Immediate Release

Margaret Salmond

Bay Area VA

Phone: 866-221-8660

Fax: 866-221-8660

Email: info@bayareava.info

Web site: http://www.bayareava.info

Supporting Bay Area Businesses "Virtually"

Oakland, CA - 24/2/2010 - Small businesses are caught up in a catch 22. Need administrative assistance with their offices but financially its not a feasible reality at the moment. What to do to solve their issue? "Partner with a Virtual Assistant", says Margaret Salmond, owner of Bay Area VA, a Virtual Administrative professional.

But what exactly is a Virtual Assistant? A Virtual Assistant is a professional that partners with businesses providing services from bookkeeping to general adminitrative services, graphic design to paralegal services. And since they are considered to be independent contactors, your not responsible for benefits such as health insurance.

Did you know that 96.8% of all Virtual Assistants are women and that 69.3% of these are married of whom 76..1% have children. 59.2% have college or trade school training with 82.5% starting their businesses after being the workforce for some time.

32% of the VAs surveyed charge $31-40 per hour for their services with the majority of VAs putting in 31-40 hours of work per week. Amazingly, 43.6% of the VAs surveyed normally work on weekends.

93.7% of the Virtual Assistants surveyed stated that their clients are found through word of mouth referrals with 80.1% of VAs also marketing through a website online.*

*Source: Virtual Assistant Networking Association The Media Virtual Assistant Survey The Largest Global Meeting Place Online for Aspiring and Successful Virtual Assistants

Bay Area VA currently offers serveral services to businesses across the US that include Word Processing, Desktop Publishing, Data Entry and Social Media. "Even with all that is going on in the economy, the business of business still needs to continue to get done", says Ms. Salmond. "And partnering with a Virtual Assistant that can contribute to your bottom line just make sense".

"Todays business environment and economic climate leaves room for thinking a little differently" says Ms. Salmond. "And bringing a virtual assistant into your business just makes good economic sense.

About Bay Area VA:

Before starting Bay Area VA, Margaret Salmond spent 20 years as an Administrative Service provider. She worked as a Secretary, Administrative Assistant and as a Customer Service Representative for small businesses, non profits and large Corporations in the SF Bay Area. The knowledge that she attained from her corporate life gave way to her gaining to strength and will to strike out on her own and start Bay Area VA in 2009. The primary focus of Bay Area VA is to work with small business as well as non profits as their administrative support from a virtual environment. For more information about Bay Area VA, contact Margaret Salmond by email at info@bayareava.info or call her office at 888-221-8660.

###

I think it turned out great, my only suggestion is that maybe swap the percentages at the beginning of the press release to your information and put the other at the end. When I was reading it at the beginning it was more like an article than a press release. So if you take your information about your business and show your business as one of the statistics, then it grows and is more memorable appearance. Ok so this is my opinion and I myself am not a great writer. But you as I said you did good. :thumbup:

Dianna, thanks for the advice! Imma go make some changes and get it out there. Wish me luck!

It looks great. Here are a few things that I would change.

On the first line... They need administrative...

2nd paragraph; 3rd line should be you are, or you're... not your.

If you haven't run spellcheck you will catch this one when you do... way down near the bottom several is spelled wrong. Same paragraph near the end... just makes sense.

I think it sounds very professional; I only hope I can do half as well when the time comes to do mine.

It looks great. Here are a few things that I would change.

On the first line... They need administrative...

2nd paragraph; 3rd line should be you are, or you're... not your.

If you haven't run spellcheck you will catch this one when you do... way down near the bottom several is spelled wrong. Same paragraph near the end... just makes sense.

I think it sounds very professional; I only hope I can do half as well when the time comes to do mine.

Thanks Dawn! I will make the corrections when I finish lunch.

Best of Luck, I am positive it will turn out absolutely great. Good work :thumbup:

Dianna, thanks for the advice! Imma go make some changes and get it out there. Wish me luck!

Margaret,

You've got a great start but I'm going to make a few suggestions.

1. Get rid of the stats. That's just going to confuse people and they aren't going to care about those particular stats. Maybe you could mention something about the growth of the VA industry or the various services VAs provide.

2. This press release should be about you and your business. Maybe you could let people know why you started your VA business and then explain a few of the services you offer.

Here's an example of how to write a pr.

Also, make sure you have someone else read it. There are a lot of typo's and you want to make sure it reads well and looks good.

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Guest Pat Z.

Margaret,

I agree with Patty. Those stats are very interesting for new VAs trying to determine how they fit in the scheme of things, but not so much for the average lay person. More about you and your biz would focus the direction on you and not just some general VA.

Just my :penny: