Sign in to follow this  
dsradministrativeservices

Clients and Craigslist

Hi Everyone,

I am in need of some direction. I have been looking over craigslist in my area and there seems to be several job opportunities out there, but I'm stumped. I don't know if it would be ethical for me to send them an email with flyer marketing my VA Business. It doesn't list anything about the company that has the available opportunity otherwise I would send my information through regular mail, but it does give an email address.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stephanie

You could contact the poster with a proposal that they consider working with someone virtually for their task.

Sometimes people just haven't thought beyond the brick/mortar world.

I don't think it hurts to approach them, but it may be early to send a flyer ... could you upload your flyer to your website as a download and just send them a nice letter of introduction together with the link so they can decide if they want to download it?

I would just reply to the job request with a letter introducing yourself and suggesting they consider hiring a virtual person and explain how you can help with everything and save them money!

I have tried this myself - I sent an email with a short introduction and then attached my PDF flyer. I did this quite a few times and never received one response. Maybe it was my wording?? It would be interesting to track the emails you send out and see if they open them. I wouldn't say not to try, but don't be too disappointed if you don't hear anything back. At the very least, you're getting the word out there and planting seeds

:)

If you want to work Craigslist, think about listing your services. Then, your responses to their ads could include a link to yours as well. If they give a brick and mortar address, maybe you could mail them something as well.