My name is Michael Van Ert and I am known as The Computer Guy! I've been in business as The Computer Guy! since 1994 (http://mvanert.com) and I specialize in computer repair both hardware and software. I also sell a lot of laptops. Lately, I have been focusing on providing efficient and affordable repairs and maintenance remotely, I know keeping your computer running properly is very important to my clients. I live in Surrey, BC, Canada.

My wife of 19 years is Pat, my son, Gib, is a lawyer and we have a 23 month old granddaughter Bea and mom Steph is with another on the way for August. My daughter, April, works for Dow Jones as a reporter in Frankfurt, Germany and she and Wayne have given us a wonderful 18 month old grandson. They want to move back to Canada in the next year which would be perfect.

My hobbies and interest range from golf to photography, writing to cooking and more. Of course I'm fully engulfed with computers!

I plan on being active in this forum and welcome your questions, computer or otherwise.

Thanks!

Michael Van Ert

The Computer Guy! since 1994

So glad you are here Michael and thanks for becoming one of our moderators. It will be fantastic having you around here to share your technical know-hows ;)

For those who don't know Michael, he's been "My Computer Guy" here locally for a few months now and I don't know what I did without him.

And I've just got to plug you here Michael....

1. If you haven't been to his website yet, go there and signup to his newsletter. He has an informative and free monthly newsletter that gives you news about what’s happening in the computer world that I find very informative as well as tips and reviews in the tech world. I look forward to it each and every month. (I still think you should send us these tips weekly LOL). Upon signup you can download for free his new ebook "How to Make Your PC Run Faster" (valued at $27) today!

2. Also...he just started offering remote services which I use and highly recommend you check into as well. http://mvanert.com/current-offers/remote-services-backup/ Basically Michael keeps all my computer needs up to date remotely and makes sure everything is maintained. I really recommend getting a monthly package with him!

Michael knows his stuff and we are truly lucky to have him here as a moderator! Look forward to reading your posts :)

Great to see you Michael! I know a lot of us always have computer questions, so it will be great to see all your helpful answers and knowledge. I definitely look forward to reading them.