Tawnya Sutherland

Are VAs more Right or Left brained? - POLL

Which side of the brain do VAs use most?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we're just going by the "dancer" thing, then I'm right brained. However, other "online" tests where they ask you questions have determined I tend to use both sides relatively equally. My "scatterbrained" tendencies ("organizationally challenged", loosing stuff, focus, forgetting names, etc.) are highly related to my ADHD though.

Love my right-brain personality! If I weren't right-brained - I'm not sure how I'd get through the day! LOL Lots of my VA work is creative - someones gotta do it! LOL

I don't sleep 9 to 10 hours though. Usually around 6 or 7.

Guest Denap

Well, that's a good one . . . I'm not sure which side of my brain I use, but I might guess I use both sides! I don't sleep much, but I think I should . . . so, maybe I'm a right brainer, too! LOL, Dena (:-}

According to the dancer test, and Tawnya's sleep requirement test, I'm right brained. I need lots of sleep, so now I at least have justification for it! I'm feeding my creative mind.

For me the dancer went clockwise so now it's even, right and left. I've seen this before and I've gotten her to go the other way. From the list of what a left- or right-brained person does, then I fit the right-brained description. I'm completely a "big picture" person. I sleep 7-9 hours every night. When I'm super-busy, I actually schedule in 8 hours for sleep.

I first could see her going clock-wise, but as I watched awhile I could change directions back and forth, equally. I had once heard that left-handed people use their right brain.

I guess I am equal. There isn't a button in the pole for both, ha. I tried to figure out what made it change. I wasn't sure if maybe focusing only on the foot helped change directions or not.

Edited by DVS

Guest SAWhite & Company

I had a problem with that dancer. She's not oriented to a typical clock for me. But, when I 'laid' a clock down on its back in my mind, it had to be clockwise.

It is good to know this orientation so we can manage it. VAs who over fantasize aren't likely to be as effective or efficient. Now, I can focus on that strategy part....like a guerilla.

I couldn't quite get the orientation down either...but when I did, it was clockwise. I always thought I was left brained!?! But it's good to know. Thanks for the information!