westcoastway

WestCoastWay's Blog is Live

Hi everyone,

I hope you enjoyed the Olympics as much as we did on the West Coast. Of course, Canada proving that they do, in fact, OWN hockey was the highlight for me.

Anyhow, I just wanted to pop in to let you know that I’m inviting guest bloggers to submit articles on my new virtual workforce strategy Blog. Please visit my Blog to see if you think your contirbution(s) would make a good fit.

If you’re interested, here are some details to help focus your piece(s):

I’m looking for articles relevant to virtual workforce strategies.

Topics can include: technology, HR, efficiency, cost savings, environmental benefits, flexibility, innovation, and virtual workforce tools (virtual meetings, information sharing, and communication).

Content should be no more than 500 words and include keywords as well as relevant links.

Blog titles should be simplistic (keep industry jargon to a minimum); below 40 characters; attention grabbing; meet a need; descriptive and contain keywords.

Target audience is corporate decision makers and should reflect a virtual workforce that ranges from administration to our main focus of mid-upper level management (project and operational management, special projects, etc).

Blog posts are promoted through our Facebook fan page, Twitter and LinkedIn.

WestCoastWay’s Blog: http://bit.ly/9G1OtQ

Please contact me if you have any questions or would like more information.

Cheers,

Karen

www.westcoastway.com - Helping companies develop virtual worker strategies

www.virtualworkforce.ca - Providing virtual worker business services

VANCOUVER, BC CANADA

Direct: 778-571-0372 or Cell: 778-888-9235

Fax: 778.574.4101

Electronic Documents Act, the communication above, along with any attachments, is confidential and intended only for the individual(s) named. Please notify the sender immediately if you received this e-mail in error, and delete this message and any attachment(s) from your system.

"Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail"

Hi Tawnya,

Thanks. I'm also in South Surrey, Cloverdale to be exact, on the Langley border. I look forward to meeting you in person along the way.

Cheers,

Karen

Way to go Karen!

Where abouts are you again in BC? I'm in South Surrey area.

I'm going to arrange a meetup with VAs soon in BC :)

Wow, that's cool, I didn't realize you were so close. Ever attend the IAAP meetings? We have a brand new chapter in Surrey. Attached are a couple of pdfs...one is our brochure and the other is info about our next meeting this week. I won't be able to attend this time but if you want to go to the next one, let me know and we can meet up there.

IAAP_Fraser_Valley_Brochure.pdf

IAAP_Fraser_Valley_Chapter___March_Mtg_Notice.pdf

Wow, that's cool, I didn't realize you were so close. Ever attend the IAAP meetings? We have a brand new chapter in Surrey. Attached are a couple of pdfs...one is our brochure and the other is info about our next meeting this week. I won't be able to attend this time but if you want to go to the next one, let me know and we can meet up there.

Hi Tawnya,

I hadn't heard of the IAAP, thanks for the PDF's, I'll look into it. I recently joined the Vancouver Board of Trade as we're working hard on bringing information about this industry to companies to try and effect change from the inside out. So far, the reception has been great. Very few have even heard of this industry, but I'm beginning to generate quite a buzz. I'm also working on a proposal to put on a seminar for BoT members sometime in 2010 and the interest is high. I'm working with a published author out of the states who will be Skyped in for the seminar as well as a couple of other experts from the technology industry and a CFO offering their services as a virtual contract worker. I'll keep you posted if you like.

I also attend a monthly meeting called Consultants South of the Fraser that meets at the golf course just under King George @ Hwy 10, our next meeting is April 14th if you're available.

Cheers,

Karen

I also attend a monthly meeting called Consultants South of the Fraser that meets at the golf course just under King George @ Hwy 10, our next meeting is April 14th if you're available.

Possibly! Can you send me more information regarding same? Thanks :)

Hi Tawyna,

the group is on LinkedIn called Vancouver Consultants (South of the Fraser) and there are currently 56 members. So far, I've been to two meetings and about 8-10 people showed up. It's nice that the meeting location is close in proximity and the size of the group allows for a more intimate exchange of information. There are always a few good laughs and the information has been useful; I've made a couple of very interesting connections already.

Details of the group/meetings:

Next Meeting Wednesday April 14th at 4:30pm.

Who should attend:

Management consultants of any discipline, contract managers or executives, independent “business to business” marketing or sales entrepreneurs seeking contracts in the Metro Vancouver or the Fraser Valley. Job hunters looking for positions in the 100K plus range in the Metro Vancouver or Fraser Valley. (but please no business to consumer individuals).

The Objective:

To exchange information relating to the corporate and business world in the Metro Vancouver and Fraser Valley areas.

To build confidence in self marketing. Socialize with others with the same interest and maybe just maybe have a little fun.

When:

Every second Wednesday in the month at 4:30pm The next meeting is Wednesday April 14th .

Where:

The Board Room of the Family Golf Center at King George Highway and Colebrook Road near the junction of #10 highway and King George in South Surrey. (5228 King George Highway)

Surrey, BC V3S 9M1

Meeting Agenda and Purpose

Following great recent meetings Lyndon Olson or David Kennedy will chair and will use the following agenda

The purpose of the meeting is to develop a better understanding amongst the group and share in some fellowship.

• Introductions

o Current role/position and value-add statement – 2 minute elevator pitch

o What are your goals/expectations – 1-2 minutes

• Roundtable Discussion Topics

o Current market and business environment – What are you seeing?

o Current challenges – What obstacles and issues are you witnessing?

o Expectations of South of the Fraser Group – How can the organization benefit you? What would you like to see for future meetings?

o Other topics – What else is on your mind?

o Future meeting dates/times

Cost

There is a charge of $5.00 towards the cost of room rental.

Want to attend or want to stay informed?

You can simply show up but it would be appreciated if you would let David Kennedy know in advance! 604 685 9494

Please also join our on line presence at Linked In and you will receive reminders. http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1954144&trk=myg_ugrp_ov

Possibly! Can you send me more information regarding same? Thanks :)