alabamaVA

What's Your Title?? Owner, President, or CEO?

Quick question...

If you operate as a Sole Proprietorship - is your title Owner, President, CEO; or something else that I haven't thought of?

Thanks!!! :)

• Like 1

Technically you can call yourself pretty much anything you want. I know one person here uses the title "Chief Number Cruncher". I have "owner" under my name on my business cards and that's how I sign my client agreements.

I smiled when I read your question. I had wondered the same thing! I think I am settling on CEO - it seems to be what I am hearing (or picking up on a lot) from other VA's.

Christine Morris

BuyMoreTime.biz

Founder, CEO, Owner, President

Pick the one that feels right to you. I usually find myself saying Owner.

Depending on the circumstances, I use "Owner" or "Virtual Assistant and Owner." On my business cards, it's "Owner." To me, it feels right, since I'm a sole proprietor, rather than an LLC or another such entity.

I use Chief Number Cruncher on my business cards, website, signature line, etc. I decided 12-18 months ago that I was tired of being all corporate and stuffy and loosened up my branding a little bit to include more of me. Not completely, but enough to where it's not all 'meh'.

Now, when I sign a legal form, I use "Managing Member" because I'm a LLC. I sometimes put Owner, but whatever.

What's interesting is that another bookkeeping VA in Australia (Hi Kylie!) uses Head Number Cruncher. LOL, we didn't plan it or copy each other, just some weird thing.

Guess what? You own your business. You're the boss. YOU get to decide what to call yourself.

I shall call you Sam.

Fun topic. I use Founder and CMO. Chief Marketing Officer is a title one of my favorite bosses from the Corp jungle picked for me when we made up titles for our new division. Ah, it's the little things.

I have been using CEO, but I like the term Founder...I'll consider. Thanks BrandTalk and to the OP for starting this topic.

I have been using founder but I'm wondering if founder sounds more like a non profit organization. Like Candy, I don't want to sound too corporate and I like a less stuffy approach.