Hi everyone,

I've been a member of VANA since 2007 and started my company in late 2000, I think before the term Virtual Assistant had been created. It's thanks in part to VANA that I was able to apply on and win RFP's that helped continue building my company. If you're not at a membership level where you receive RFP's, I highly recommend it. I've been in Victoria, Vancouver (Surrey), Castlegar and am now back in Vancouver (Cloverdale) - thank goodness this kind of business is so mobile.

I wanted to pop in and reintroduce myself as a few things have changed since I first started my company. It's been a busy time up until the last half of 2009 when my clients' clients started to dwindle and of course, that created a domino effect for my workload. I saw this as an opportunity to take a breath and begin to check in more often with my networks, tap into some social media and complete work on refining my company's goals & services and having that better reflected in our public profile.

We still offer VA (or as I now call them, Virtual Worker) services through our Virtual Workforce division at www.virtualworkforce.ca which remains a valuable source of revenue for my company. Over the last five years, we substantially expanded our services into executive level services, from project and operational management up to CFO and CEO services. Lengthy research and networking has shown that these services are growing in demand particularly for our preferred target audience of SMB's.

But, what's truly exciting to me is that late last year we finally formalized the consulting process to create and manage virtual workforce integration strategies. We inform companies about the benefits of virtual contract workers/VA's and then assist them through the integration process. This new focus has taken my love of this industry and combined it with my love of teaching and helping others to succeed. Our consulting division, www.westcoastway.com, is now focussed solely on bringing information about this amazing industry directly to companies. We are a member of the Vancouver Board of Trade and are enjoying the opportunity to share this innovative business practice with companies who've never heard of this method of getting business services.

We decided on a Blog over a newsletter so it could be more interactive and encourage discussion about this amazing industry. WestCoastWay's Blog is dedicated to sharing as much information as possible with our target audience of corporations/SMB's about a variety of topics to do with the virtual workforce industry: communication, technology, tools, HR, etc. We do accept guest Bloggers, so do let me know if you'd like to share information with our readers, your business bio will appear at the end of the post. Also, if you have a relevant Blog, I'd be happy to look at doing a reciprocal BlogRoll listing.

So, anyhow, thanks for your time and I look forward to checking in more often and helping grow this industry to new heights.

Cheers,

Karen

Karen,

I didn't realize you were so close in Cloverdale! We definitely need to do a luncheon out our way now. Glad you reintroduced yourself :)

I popped into your website and have to say, I'm impressed. It is very well designed, did you design it?

What a great idea, teaching companies how to outsource, I love it! Smart gal ;) You might want to consider becoming one of our bloggers at our blog for clients of VAs as it may help promote your company too. Talk to Patty if you are interested.

Look forward to getting to know you better through your posts here and hopefully meet you one day soon too!

Hi Patty & Tawnya,

sure, I'd be happy to talk to Patty about becoming a blogger for your Blog for clients - Patty, please contact me at your convenience to discuss how I can contribute.

Thanks for your kind feedback on my updated site designs. The saga of the design process is something better shared over a cup of tea, or perhaps a martini. :rolleyes: Long story short, after nearly 10 years of taking care of my own web site needs, I finally outsourced it. I ended up having to completely design the look & elements myself providing specific instructions to my web 'designer' for code creation to get the results I wanted. Although they're credited as "designed and developed by" in my sites' footers, they developed it, but absolutely did not fulfill the promise of design skills.

So, to answer your question, the design is almost all mine with some elements provided by a fantastic graphic artist who had previously re-designed my logo, business cards, and brochures. At my request she created some similar design elements that I could incorporate into my site. Et voila! I'm branded - ha! :thumbup:

Definitely a 'live and learn' experience lending itself nicely to upcoming blog posts about customer service and delivering on service promises which will be aimed at helping others avoid similar issues.

Thanks again for the warm reception and I look forward to meeting you soon.

Cheers,

Karen

Karen,

I didn't realize you were so close in Cloverdale! We definitely need to do a luncheon out our way now. Glad you reintroduced yourself :)

I popped into your website and have to say, I'm impressed. It is very well designed, did you design it?

What a great idea, teaching companies how to outsource, I love it! Smart gal ;) You might want to consider becoming one of our bloggers at our blog for clients of VAs as it may help promote your company too. Talk to Patty if you are interested.

Look forward to getting to know you better through your posts here and hopefully meet you one day soon too!