Roxie Desort

NJ Get Together?

Guest TerriB

Hey all I haven't posted in a bit but I think we should try for the second weekend in November before it gets too crazy with the holidays what do you say?

That week I am available on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Hey all I haven't posted in a bit but I think we should try for the second weekend in November before it gets too crazy with the holidays what do you say?

That week I am available on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Are we talking about during the week (day or evening) or on a weekend? Roxie says "second weekend in November". I think during the week would be better/easier for me. But the week of 11/8, Wed and Thurs evenings are NG; the week of 11/15, just Thurs evening is NG. Daytime is OK.

Sue

Guest TerriB

I personally prefer the daytime. I don't like to drive at night.unsure.gif

I agree with Terry. I don't know about you but when I am driving at night in unfamiliar territory it is very nerve wracking. I am still trying to figure out where a medium would be to meet. Maybe a little below Trenton?

Hi All,

I just wanted to chime in real quick here. First of all, I'm a South Jersey resident all the way down here in Vineland (live a few minutes away from Jerri). I would love go join up for a get together or lunch of some sort. I can go up as far as Trenton without a problem. Like Jerri I also have a toddler, and a very busy VA business, so weekdays are really hard for me to meet up. I can do weekends much better. I know you were talking about doing a weekday coming up here, so if I can't make this one I can do a future time on a weekend.

@Jerri, you and I can carpool since we live so close to one another.

The other reason I wanted to chime in is that I happen to be a member of DVVAA and one of the board of directors. I just wanted to say that we'd love to have you join DVVAA. Most of out membership hails from the Delaware Valley surrounding Philadelphia, but we have members from all over Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. And as far as or luncheons go, we like to move around our quarterly luncheon locations to places north, south, east, and west of Philadelphia and sometimes Center City. Our most recent one happened to be up in Priceton NJ, and our next one in December will be held in Philadelphia. We also invite members if they wish to host luncheons near their location outside of the quarterly ones. We love any excuse to get together with one another and talk shop (or not) over lunch.

Outside of the networking luncheons, DVVAA has additional benefits including monthly webinars, a listserv, and RFPs. We will be electing a new board shortly, so that may be bringing new ideas for member events and building resources. It is an awesome opportunity to regularly network with and support VAs that are right in your area and DVVA is a great organization for that. DVVAA is a fabulous group of people and I have been honored to belong and serve on it's board.

And if you go to a VA event like the IVVAA Summit, you will see that everyone wants to be us. *LOL* (or at least they all want our cool DVVAA bling t-shirts)

Feel free to contact me if you want any additional info about DVVAA. I really hope you all consider joining!

Hi All,

I just wanted to chime in real quick here. First of all, I'm a South Jersey resident all the way down here in Vineland (live a few minutes away from Jerri). I would love go join up for a get together or lunch of some sort. I can go up as far as Trenton without a problem. Like Jerri I also have a toddler, and a very busy VA business, so weekdays are really hard for me to meet up. I can do weekends much better. I know you were talking about doing a weekday coming up here, so if I can't make this one I can do a future time on a weekend.

The other reason I wanted to chime in is that I happen to be a member of DVVAA and one of the board of directors. I just wanted to say that we'd love to have you join DVVAA. Most of out membership hails from the Delaware Valley surrounding Philadelphia, but we have members from all over Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. And as far as or luncheons go, we like to move around our quarterly luncheon locations to places north, south, east, and west of Philadelphia and sometimes Center City. Our most recent one happened to be up in Priceton NJ, and our next one in December will be held in Philadelphia. We also invite members if they wish to host luncheons near their location outside of the quarterly ones. We love any excuse to get together with one another and talk shop (or not) over lunch.

Outside of the networking luncheons, DVVAA has additional benefits including monthly webinars, a listserv, and RFPs. We will be electing a new board shortly, so that may be bringing new ideas for member events and building resources. It is an awesome opportunity to regularly network with and support VAs that are right in your area and DVVA is a great organization for that. DVVAA is a fabulous group of people and I have been honored to belong and serve on it's board.

And if you go to a VA event like the IVVAA Summit, you will see that everyone wants to be us. *LOL* (or at least they all want our cool DVVAA bling t-shirts)

Feel free to contact me if you want any additional info about DVVAA. I really hope you all consider joining!

Megan, I was thinking the same thing. Carpooling for the meetup would be perfect. I would like more information on DVVAA. We will talk soon. I was waiting until you got back from vacation and give you some time to get back into the swing of things before I contact you for lunch. :)

Guest TerriB

Hi All,

Hi Megan,

Do you have a date in mind that would work better for you? It looks to me that the Trenton area is about the half-way point for all of us meeting up.

Re: DVVAA

Does the group ever get together other than for the quarterly luncheons?

Thanks,

Terri