Hi all, I am trying to add content to my static FBML box in Facebook but having a very hard time. I have completed the steps to adding FBML to my FB pages, now I am stuck. Is there an easy method to this madness. I am not familiar with HTML stuff at all but I am willing to learn. Is there a step-by-step guide that anyone could share with me.

VAClassroom (Tawnya has a link in the sidebars) has a great class for Facebook FBML. That's where I learned what I know. You can google the terms and get some information as well.

I had some struggles and one of my pages is largely images, but after awhile you do begin to 'get' it.

Levi, how the heck are you? Have not seen much of you. Your input is sorely missed. Your little girl turned 1 recently if my memory (and searching skills) serves me right. Hope you are well and hope we will see more of you.

Side note: I watch a lot of Formula 1 racing and an 'Aussie' is leading the pack. Whenever they interview him, I always think of you. :thumbup:

Levi, how the heck are you? Have not seen much of you. Your input is sorely missed. Your little girl turned 1 recently if my memory (and searching skills) serves me right. Hope you are well and hope we will see more of you.

Side note: I watch a lot of Formula 1 racing and an 'Aussie' is leading the pack. Whenever they interview him, I always think of you. :thumbup:

Hey Brent, I've been missing you all - timing for the seminars is a bit of a crapshoot these days! I have mostly been around on Facebook but I still come here and read every now and then. Looking forward to getting back to being more involved here again :)

Yes, we have a little toddler now, it's very exciting! And it's about time we took over F1 again - GO Mark Webber ;)

Agreed! VAClassroom Facebook Fan Pages class is a must have for anyone working with Facebook. :)

Tracey

There is more to the concept of working with fan pages than just being able to do the coding or know which tab to make, etc. This extra guidance is in the VA Classroom course as well as the social media marketing course. It takes me from being tentative to knowing what I want to deliver.

Hi all, I am trying to add content to my static FBML box in Facebook but having a very hard time. I have completed the steps to adding FBML to my FB pages, now I am stuck. Is there an easy method to this madness. I am not familiar with HTML stuff at all but I am willing to learn. Is there a step-by-step guide that anyone could share with me.

Hi Sonya G!

If you haven't accomplished what you set out to do yet with FBML, then here's a straight-forward, step-by-step process for adding a box and content to it that, if followed, should do the trick. It requires an Aweber autoresponder account though;I'm not sure this will work for other autoresponds...but it may.

Step 1. First, log into your Facebook account. Now type "FBML" in the search box at the top. For this you will need to find the application called "Static FBML". It's probably near top of the page. Click the "Applications" icon, then click "Add to My Page" located on the left hand side. If you choose not to do this or forget it, you'll expect to not have an opt-in box on your Facebook page and loose the chance to make some additional sales.

Step 2. A new window will open with all your Facebook pages. Click on the "Add to Page" button next to the page you want to add the opt-in form on. After you do this, look to the left of the page and click the "Ads and Pages" icon. This part is very important because it will place the opt-in form only on the page you specify.

Step 3. Now, look at the top of the page, locate the "Pages" link and click on it, then click "Edit Pages" under the page you want to add the form to. Scroll down until you find the section that says "FBML". Click on the little pencil icon in that section and choose edit. This will probably mean that you're going to need to do a little cut-in-paste. It will also signify that you get a gold star because you can follow detailed instructions. Well it is a lot easier than the instructions you get for putting together Ikea furniture. Have you seen those? They look like plans for building a rocket ship. OK, let's get serious again, on to the next step.

Step 4. Now log into your AWeber account (you do have an Aweber account for your email marketing campaign you're going to run don't you?) next click on the "Web Forms" tab. Create your web form, then click "Publish". On that page, click "I Will Install My Form". From the drop-down section, click "Raw HTML Version" in the top right corner, then copy the HTML from your form to your clipboard. This will require going back to the work you did in Step 3.

Step 5. So let's go back to your Facebook account and paste the HTML of your form in the box. Once done, click "Save Changes". A key point you will need to remember here will be that you're taking the AWeber Opt-in email form HTML code generated by AWeber and pasting it into your Facebook page. The reason why this is important is that anytime a visitor to your page fills out the form and sends it you are adding them to your email list for future marketing of your products or services and they are now one step closer to becoming a customer.

Step 6. Next, in Facebook, click on the "Ads and Pages" icon on the left again. Then click "Pages" at the top.

Step 7. Finally, click on the name of the page you've worked on. Near the top of the page, click on the "+" tab and choose "FBML" from the drop-down menu. And that's it. Now you are nearly there! Do not forget, plan your series of emails, get them typed up and in to the AWeber system for automatic timed delivery of your sales and marketing messages.

Good Luck!

Steve, aka. hubbubmonitor