Alyssa Avant

Busines Manual / Operations Manual Template

I'm in the process of having my personal VA put together my business / operations manual for my company. I am having trouble knowing what all should go in it , how it should be formatting,etc. I know this might be a personal preference but I like to have a "cookie cutter" or "Mold" to go by. . . or at least give me some idea.

Would anyone be willing to share theirs or a template at least?

Thanks,

I'm in the process of having my personal VA put together my business / operations manual for my company. I am having trouble knowing what all should go in it , how it should be formatting,etc. I know this might be a personal preference but I like to have a "cookie cutter" or "Mold" to go by. . . or at least give me some idea.

Thanks,

Hi Alyssa -

First off, Kudos to you for putting your SOP together. There are a lot of business owners out there who don't have these or understand what they are even about.

I would like to say though, that there really is no cookie-cutter answer to this as each one of us runs our business a bit different. Now, that doesnt mean you cant take what others have done and tweak them to fit your needs.

Here is a starter list of systems you should have in place:

- Lead Follow Up

- New Client Intake

- Ongoing Client Mgt

- Ending Client Relations

Then if applicable, do these same for if you have a team.

Here are some others to go along with those:

- Social Media

- Financials

- Website

- Blog

- Newsletters

- Travel

- Product Launch

- Teleseminars / Webinars

- Joint Ventures

- Affiliates

- Shopping Cart

- Project Management

- Phone

The list can go on and on - depending on what activities you have within your business.

As a VA who specializes in creating systems for our clients as well as teaching others how to create them for their clients, please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have further questions.

Thanks,

As a VA who specializes in creating systems for our clients as well as teaching others how to create them for their clients, please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have further questions.

We don't call her "The Systems Chick" for nuthin!

Thanks,

We don't call her "The Systems Chick" for nuthin!

...aaand, Kristi is a great mentor, too !!

Patty P.

A little bit of a personal plug, but I have a manual that is a "template" of sorts that simply asks the questions and you fill it in. I also offer a monthly teleseminar to VAinsiders where we go through each section of the manual and work together to create our manuals.

Here is my site so you can check it out ...

http://www.thrivingbusinessmanual.com

There is also some free resources including a seminar you can download and listen to that talks about the importance of a manual and a preview that will outline the areas to consider when documenting your business. It can be accessed on this page:

http://www.yvonneweld.com

Thanks and good luck.

A little bit of a personal plug, but I have a manual that is a "template" of sorts that simply asks the questions and you fill it in. I also offer a monthly teleseminar to VAinsiders where we go through each section of the manual and work together to create our manuals.

Here is my site so you can check it out ...

http://www.thrivingbusinessmanual.com

There is also some free resources including a seminar you can download and listen to that talks about the importance of a manual and a preview that will outline the areas to consider when documenting your business. It can be accessed on this page:

http://www.yvonneweld.com

Thanks and good luck.

Yvonne's Thriving Business Manual is how I built our very own VAnetworking Bible that we live by. It followed her template and is a godsend to Patty and I every day :)

vainsiders.jpg

This manual is definitely a must-have!

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.