Guest Virtual Avenger

This looks like a job for...The Virtual Avenger!

Guest Virtual Avenger

Hello citizens! I am The Virtual Avenger, defender of small business owners in the name of productivity, efficiency, and success! Faster than a speeding fax (okay, way faster than a fax), more powerful than a well-designed splash page, and able to leap tall orders in a single email! By day, I'm a sarcastic, beloved administrative assistant at an engineering firm, but by night, donning my cape and mask, I scour the web looking for business owners who need my help to get them out of a jam and back on the right track to entrepreneurial sanctuary!

Okay, that's enough, I’ll cut it out. My name is Beth, and I've been in business since July 1st of this year. Not very long, I know, but things have really taken off in that short time. I already have one really great, solid client who’s been practically begging me to quit my job so I can go full-time with her (not quite ready to do that yet – I want to wait and see how stable her business is before I make that commitment). I’m doing some great work for family members and on fiverr.com that are helping me to hone my skills and meet new people.

I really think I could be one of those VA’s who can do “anything” for their clients, but the stuff I’m the most interested in is writing (my specialty), site set-up and maintenance, SEO and Internet Marketing, writing SOP manuals, getting my clients organized and prioritized, and helping them to establish solid, long-term goals that we can use as a basis for a logical business plan. Really, I guess I’d be more adequately called an “administrative consultant,” but “virtual assistant” sounds way cooler and doesn’t have as many letters in it.

I live in San Antonio with my awesome artist/cook/carpenter/writer/stay-at-home-dad husband and our two insanely creative and unique children, aged 6 and 4. My kids are weird, but they will definitely have interesting lives, no doubt about that.

Given my ideal home office situation (crazy kids running around and screaming all the time), my ridiculously huge start-up capital ($0.00), and the absolutely booming economy (hahahahaha), I thought now would be the perfect time to put into action the plan I’d been developing for 5 years – to become a freelance superhero. And here I am, doing it! It’s pretty rowdy, and I’m really excited.

In my spare time (hahahahahaha), I like to run when it’s not more than 95 degrees F outside, and I really love knitting and crocheting. I also love to read. Right now I’m reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman for the first time, and after that my book club at work has decided to read A Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood, and it will be my 5th or 6th time reading that.

My favorite quote is by Henry Ford, who said, “If I had asked them what they wanted, they’d have told me faster horses.” I try to apply this mode of thought to everything I do, personally and professionally.

Welcome to VAnetworking Beth! Great to see you here and I hope you enjoy the forum. :)

Since you're in Texas, you might also want to check out TexVAL.

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Hi Beth welcome. I absolutely love your intro, it made me laugh. 5 years in the making and here you are, great for you! Good luck and hope to see you in the future on the greatest VA forum, oh and did I mention the most warmest, friendliest and helpful forum. :D

Jerri Goranson, CVEM, Virtual Business Assistant

Virtual Office Visions

jgvov@comcast.net

www.virtualofficevisions.com

Hi Beth and welcome!

Great to have you on the boards with us as I'm sure you'll be bringing us smiles every now and then with your witty posts ;)

I've been trying to slowly start running but I'm just not liking in much...hopefully it grows on me as I need to get into shape!

vainsiders.jpg

I've been trying to slowly start running but I'm just not liking in much...hopefully it grows on me as I need to get into shape!

Meh - someone needs to invent a way to get in shape that doesn't involve strenuous physical activity or starving yourself, and that actually works. Amanda and running don't get along, lol!

Welcome to the forums, Beth!

(edited to say that "meh" is the phonetic spelling of the noise I make when someone talks about running - me no likey. somehow it just doesn't translate in text, lol!)

Edited by AmandaB

Guest Virtual Avenger

Thanks everyone for your kind welcomes! I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all better, and of course, to making you all laugh at least twice.

As for running, I never, ever, ever thought I would be a runner. However, I was an avid reader of ZenHabits.net, and watching Leo go through the struggle of quitting smoking, eating healthier, and taking up running was inspiration enough for me. I swear, that man could convince me to walk through fire if he wanted to. But of course, he would never do anything like that.. In any case, you just have to keep at it - it takes 17 tries before something becomes a habit, and let me tell you, running is a seriously addictive habit. It's been too hot for the last month or two, and I have MISSED IT. I feel like I don't get to see my best friend. Aaand that wasa weird thing to say. :)

I swear, that man could convince me to walk through fire if he wanted to. But of course, he would never do anything like that..

Very cool to hear you have such a super relationship. My g/f is back into the dating scene and she says it's tough, tough, TOUGH! I don't envy her at all and hope she finds someone special one day too :)

vainsiders.jpg

Welcome Beth. Congrats on taking the leap to start your VA business. Enjoyed reading your post.