Patty!! You poor thing, I cringe just reading everything you've been going through.

I hope my stalk-ee gets better soon, thinking of you and wishing you better times ahead.

Miss you! :bighug:

So sorry to hear about your problem, Patty. I know first hand about stressing over an upcoming procedure and agree that they should just do it right away.

One time, I had to take my father to the emergency room - he had an ulcer, we found out. Well, it was probably about 9am when I took him in and around noon, they said they were going to admit him for tests - they were just waiting for the room to be readied. Around 6pm that day, we were still in the ER waiting for the room. No one would talk to us, no one would even look at us. I finally lost it and confronted a doctor, very, very loudly in the hallway so that everyone could here. I mean, the least they could do is let you know why you are waiting 5 hours in the ER. We thought the worst at this time - like the doctors found something really, really bad in their earlier x-rays and were trying to decide what to do or something. Your mind starts to wander when people don't talk to you.

Any-who, you will think I am nuts, (like you didn't already), but I actually just got back from the dentist and it is one of my fav things to do. I go twice a year for a cleaning and they never find anything wrong. I do have problems though, like breaking teeth in the middle of a weekend. They get me fixed up right away on a temporary basis and then we schedule for a crown or something. The reason I like going to the dentist is because it makes me feel like I just had my haircut or something - you know, a self-improvement of some sort. Nice clean, shiny teeth!!

I told you that you would think I was nutz!! :wacko:

Better days are ahead Miss Patty. Hang in there, girl - soon it will all just be a good story for a cocktail party (or IVAA Live!).

Love you!

Yep - I'm glad they pulled it too. The pain and swelling were killing me.

I've been out of it most of the day with the drugs they gave me but being me, I have to check to make sure everyone is all taken care. I'm hoping to get back tomorrow.

Janet - Yes, you are nutz! LOL!

Oh man, Patty, what an ordeal! Tawnya just told me about this post ... don't know why I didn't read one called "Your Teeth" LOL

You have been through so much already - I am sure they will finally fix you up tomorrow. I agree with those who have said you need to sleep and relax - you definitely work too hard (and I remember watching you suffer with tooth pain in Niagara and NOT take pills so that was no surprise). I love that you 'do not play a doctor on tv'. You're too funny. What would we do here if you were an actress instead of a VA? :)

Take good care, let hubby and daughter take care of you and if you need anything at all ... I'll even send you Timmies!

Tracey

Well, woke up this morning because the dog was crying. The pain level is about a 3, which is great. I do have some swelling on the right side still but I'm hoping that will go away soon.

Between my hubby, daughter, and MIL, I've been a good girl and doing a lot of resting. I'll probably work a bit today but will also be taking the meds to help me rest a bit more.

I'm so stubborn when it comes to resting, meds, and listening to everyone tell me to take it easy. LOL

Tracey - The pain I had at Niagara is nothing compared to the last 6 weeks, if you can imagine. It's been about 5x worse. It doesn't help that my face has looked lop-sided either. :)

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Just remember, it's not only your health you need to take care of but your teeth too. You have no clue what a minor toothache can cause. Now I'm just hoping that the infection won't spread because I'm about ready to take the pliers to all my teeth....wouldn't that be a pretty site? :D

Guest TerryGreen

Good deal! I'm so glad they pulled the stupid thing. Take Candy's advice ... get all hopped up on meds and rest ... stay off of the dang computer!!!

You need to get better, and geesh ... how often do you get to laze around, not work and do drugs legally??? :blink:

Love ya sweetie!

Update: As of this morning, 8/4, I'm feeling better. I really pushed myself yesterday trying to get work done and I got really sore.

The swelling is down a bit more and so is the pain. The bruising is still there a bit but it should go away in the next day or two.

My dentist had called the oral surgeon and is waiting for his report. His office has been calling me to see how I'm doing too. I'm supposed to schedule a follow-up in the next week or two so that they can check everything out. They're wanting to make sure the infection isn't in any other tooth. Oh boy! I hope not!

I'm going to try and stay off my pain meds during the day because I have my son & grandson here. My MIL has been here all week with me and watching them, but I told her I should be ok today. We'll see. :)

Thanks again for all the well wishes, the flowers, and the cards. It really means a lot.

I told you that you would think I was nutz!! :wacko:

You are not the only one who loves going to the dentist. I don't necessarily like getting any work done but one thing I do LOVE is getting my teeth cleaned! They do it so differently now though. Before they used to scrape and pick at your teeth and I just loved that...it was like a gum massage or something to me. Now they have all this fancy gadget stuff that they spray you down with and stuff...not as relaxing for me anymore. ;)

To keep everyone updated, I'm still a little sore and swollen but not as much as before.

I did push it a bit earlier this week too. (baaaaaaadddddd me - as Candy would say)

I go back to my dentist on 6/18 and hubby is going with me. I'm hoping for no more issues.

I know it sounds like my dentist did something wrong but, from talking to a few other dentists, it was just a freak thing that happens once in a while. My hubby and I do agree that the hospital could have done something, other than look at me like I was stupid, the first time I went in. It may have been detected early enough that something else could have been done or I could have at least not gone through over 6 weeks of issues.

I've been with my dentist for over 20 years and I really don't think I could give him up. He's awesome and very caring. He has been checking on me and knows how I am with needles, dentists, etc.

Thanks for thinking of me. :)

Hang in there Patty! You know, freaky things happen to freaky people ;)

hehehehehe

Yes, hang onto that dentist if you've been with him that long and this is the first time you've ever had a problem. Crap happens now and then ;)

Hope you are feeling better and resting this weekend!

Please take it easy for awhile.

For all those who don't know, Patty wouldn't give up her reins here at VAnetworking.com the whole time she was sick. She says..."NO, I can look after the forum, don't worry Tawnya!" And guess what? As much as I pleaded her to let it go, somehow she still came here everyday to check things were running smoothly.

Patty, you overdid it now go rest for the weekend...that's an order!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

We all love you and hope you are back on the mend soon and in full capacity.

Hang in there Patty! You know, freaky things happen to freaky people ;)

hehehehehe

Yes, hang onto that dentist if you've been with him that long and this is the first time you've ever had a problem. Crap happens now and then ;)

Hope you are feeling better and resting this weekend!

Please take it easy for awhile.

For all those who don't know, Patty wouldn't give up her reins here at VAnetworking.com the whole time she was sick. She says..."NO, I can look after the forum, don't worry Tawnya!" And guess what? As much as I pleaded her to let it go, somehow she still came here everyday to check things were running smoothly.

Patty, you overdid it now go rest for the weekend...that's an order!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

We all love you and hope you are back on the mend soon and in full capacity.

The only day I didn't put hours in was Tuesday (the day of the surgery). BUT.....I did check over email and the forum before I left. :whistlin: