Okay, Ms. Patty...after our brief messages today, I HAD to come on here and find this thread on your teeth. Wholy cow!! I am sooo sorry you had to endure all of that, but I am very glad to hear you are feeling better. Guess I was right about the "pain being chalked up there with ear pain and labor", huh? Again, so very sorry.

I need to take heed to what you have gone through. I am NOT a dentist person and never was. Unfortunately, I was not forced to go to the dentist as a little girl. I regret it now because I'm a big sissy. I went last year and had the x-rays done. I need work done and they want to clean my teeth. I hear it's painful. They may need to knock me out! LOL I make sure both of my kids go, though. That's for sure.

Glad you are better!

Okay, Ms. Patty...after our brief messages today, I HAD to come on here and find this thread on your teeth. Wholy cow!! I am sooo sorry you had to endure all of that, but I am very glad to hear you are feeling better. Guess I was right about the "pain being chalked up there with ear pain and labor", huh? Again, so very sorry.

I need to take heed to what you have gone through. I am NOT a dentist person and never was. Unfortunately, I was not forced to go to the dentist as a little girl. I regret it now because I'm a big sissy. I went last year and had the x-rays done. I need work done and they want to clean my teeth. I hear it's painful. They may need to knock me out! LOL I make sure both of my kids go, though. That's for sure.

Glad you are better!

Michelle, just go get your teeth cleaned. I love getting mine done and its not painful at all and feels so good after :) Otherwise, you could end up with serious consequences over time ignoring the yearly dentist visits ;)

Glad you are better!

My dentist numbs my gums with a swab, then gives me some type of gas to relax me and then gives me the shots to numb me. The gas definitely helps, even though I can feel the shots a little.

I had to have that done years ago even when they were cleaning my teeth because my gums are so sensitive.

You should check with a dentist that will do that or one of those dentists now that knock you out and do everything (or mostly everything) all at once. Now that would be heaven. LOL

Patty:

I just read this! I am so sorry and am saying prayers. Hopefully you are in surgery right now and doing well. Remember, you will probably be in some pain afterwards, but that shouldn't last long!

I really hope this is the end of a terrible saga. As the others have said, find a new dentist! Just reading this made my mouth hurt. I now want to rush to the dentist and make sure everything is ok with me. I hate dentists so I tend to put off doing anything with my teeth. Thanks for the wake-up call, Patty.

Just get well and trust this will all be over soon. Don't rush back to work or you won't heal properly. We look forward to hearing from you when you are better!

OK - Here's the latest and greatest.....

I went for a checkup late yesterday. There is still a tiny bit of swelling and discomfort but I'm healing. Woot!!!

He talked about different options for replacing the tooth but I think I'm going to just live without. It's going to be costly to replace.

He did feel bad that I had to have a root canal, ended up having that tooth removed a few days later, the cost for everything, and then everything else. It definitely was a costly tooth. Well, he is giving me some free services for just a bit to make up for the costs and pain that I went through.

I still don't blame him because it was just a fluke thing but I really do appreciate that he's offered to help me out.

My hubby told him that if something weird is going to happen, it will happen to me. LOL Just 'cause I'm weird. Gotta love him, right?!

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I'm getting back to normal (as much as that can be for me) and all is lookin' good!