Sign in to follow this  
Linda B

LiveScribe smartpen

Purchased a LiveScribe smartpen two weeks ago and have been discovering various ways in which it will be useful as a teacher and a VA. It's a computerized pen that also utilizes a desktop application. Also available is software that will convert handwritten notes to text that can be imported into another application, such as MS Word.

If you're interested in finding out more about this pen, go to livescribe on the web. A new version of the smartpen (named "Echo") was just recently launched and that may be also be found on the website.

Have fun!

Purchased a LiveScribe smartpen two weeks ago and have been discovering various ways in which it will be useful as a teacher and a VA. It's a computerized pen that also utilizes a desktop application. Also available is software that will convert handwritten notes to text that can be imported into another application, such as MS Word.

If you're interested in finding out more about this pen, go to livescribe on the web. A new version of the smartpen (named "Echo") was just recently launched and that may be also be found on the website.

Have fun!

We had Stephanie Johnson from LiveScribe speak to us awhile back at one of our webinars. Here's access to her webinar ENJOY!

vainsiders.jpg

many thanks for providing access to the information about LiveScribe. It is truly an awesome and very creative product! Useful in many venues... :-)

ooh I have smartpen, hubby bought it for me. It is truly AMAZING! I think EVERY student should have one. I've been using it for classes I am taking, and I don't know about you but I find that when I take notes, they are not the most legible, or make much sense a day or two after the class. Now I can just touch my scribbles with the pen and hear exactly what the instructor was saying at the moment I wrote the scribble. It has been invaluable! It comes with it's own special notebooks, I use a different one for each class, and the pen can tell which book is which, and like was said before it can all be uploaded to your computer when you get back home. Truly amazing!! Can't say enough good things about it.

Ooh I love, love, love my Livescribe! I use it for almost everything and even writing blog posts, articles etc. I have the Myscript add-on so all my writing can be converted into text I can copy, paste into the blog and just clean up a little. The conversion is pretty accurate too.

I also have the MyScribe software to convert my "scribbles" into text, which will be invaluable to me during the Fall '10 semester! Have to admit that I have discovered how illegible my cursive handwriting is when MyScript attempts to convert it into text! It works much better if I print rather use cursive. A learning process...but I LOVE IT! :-)

Yes print is better than cursive as far as the conversion goes. My writing has somehow evolved over the years that it is more print than cursive although it has some telltale cursive especially in e's, a's, t's stuff like that so I didn't have to change my writing too much. But that plugin is awesome isn't it?

I agree that the plug-in MyScribe is awesome. That feature alone will save me many hours in transcription time this fall when I'll be teaching 3 courses at the community college :-)