Is anyone interested in an Indiana VA meetup? I would, of course, vote for Lafayette, but am open to suggestions of other areas as well - Indy or NWI come to mind. Any takers? If we decide on Lafayette, I can do whatever organizing is necessary. Are there even any Indiana VAs on here other than me and Patty?

Update: Meetup has been scheduled for 9/18/10 - check out this post

There used to be a few other VAs from Indiana, but I'm not sure if they're active here or in their business.

I definitely need to get in touch with you to meet up but it's been crazy. Between the last 7 weeks of teeth issues and now I'm getting my son ready for school....grrrr....that doesn't include work, cleaning the house, laundry, etc. etc. etc. LOL

We'll get together...I promise. ;)

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

There used to be a few other VAs from Indiana, but I'm not sure if they're active here or in their business.

I definitely need to get in touch with you to meet up but it's been crazy. Between the last 7 weeks of teeth issues and now I'm getting my son ready for school....grrrr....that doesn't include work, cleaning the house, laundry, etc. etc. etc. LOL

We'll get together...I promise. ;)

LOL, no worries, it's all good...

HI Amanda and Patty,

I am in Indiana and I would love to meet up with you both. I live in the west suberbs of Indianapolis, but would have no problem traveling to Lafayette. So please let me know when/if you would like to meet and we can get it schedule.

Thanks,

Kirsten

I'll have to get back with you but maybe I can get away from the computer on 9/18 and then just meet in Lebanon at a restaurant. It's kind of right in the middle. :)

Patty Dost

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

I'll have to get back with you but maybe I can get away from the computer on 9/18 and then just meet in Lebanon at a restaurant. It's kind of right in the middle. :)

I would be willing to drive to Indy for Cheesecake Factory. I'm in love with their fish tacos and plus, you know, the cheesecake.

Seriously, though, I'm good for whatever as long as it is evening or weekend. Stupid day job. Except for the first weekend in October, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to the MIVA Conference (Patty, I sent you an e-mail).

A meet-up sounds wonderful! I love to meet all of you. Sadly, I am over an hour and a half south of Indy and I'm still not able to drive due to my recent back surgery. I hope you all have a great time, though!! :)

Hello Everyone,

Ny name is Simone and I am new here. Still trying to navigate around the site and learn all I can.

I live about 20 miles South of Valparaiso, IN and I know that Indy is about 2 hours from me (not sure that would work). I would be interested in trying to meet up. We live with a family member right now and I don't have much free time but I would like to try. Please keep me informed. I look forward to following the conversation and getting to know you all.

Warmly,

Simone

Executive Virtual Services

Okay, so Val is most likely out regardless of what we do, and Kirsten said she would be okay coming to Lafayette. Lafayette is about an hour north of Indy, so would that work better for you Simone? And Patty, are you still good for this Saturday (9/18)? How does that work for everyone?

I'm hoping I'll be available. Looks like the boys are going to hunter education classes, grandson to his dads, and daughter out of town.

Woot!

We could meet anywhere.

If I didn't have a noisy dog, I'd invite everyone to my house. As long as I keep her in the cage, she may be good. (ROFL!!!)

Patty Dost

LOL, Patty - I bet your dog's really a sweetheart and you're just exaggerating how bad she is!

Ideas:

Boilers are @ home vs Ball State w/Kickoff at noon, so possibly meet around 12-12:30 to minimize game day craziness?

Suggestions:

Friday's, McAllister's, Taj Mahal (don't know how into Indian food anyone is, just throwing it out there), Don Pablo's, Olive Garden, IHOP are all near the highway. Downtown or on the west side you have Red Seven, Lafayette Brewing Company, Nine Irish Brothers, Scotty's, Maru Sushi (again, just throwing it out there). You have Panera either at the mall or on the west side, and 2 Applebees as well...

Friday's sounds great to me! Now I'm craving their potato skins.

I'd like to stay far, far, far, far, far, far, far away from the West side as possible. LOL

Patty Dost

Friday's sounds great to me! Now I'm craving their potato skins.

I'd like to stay far, far, far, far, far, far, far away from the West side as possible. LOL

Fine. ::sigh:: Why are people in this town so afraid of the West side, lol? I mean, it's not like there are 50 Million drunk college kids milling around over there every Saturday morning, just trying to get run over....

Honestly, it's no difference for me, I'm on the South side, so about equidistant from both.

Friday's works for me - I will e-mail Simone and Kirsten :).

I also tweeted about it.

Patty Dost