Hi! My name is Leslie.

I'm a bookkeeper and tax preparer. In a former life I was a certified payroll professional.

I'm currently in the process of "virtualizing" our bookkeeping business and would love to network and connect with those wise souls who have gone before me to build successful virtual bookkeeping businesses.

I look forward to learning more and meeting you all!

Hi, Leslie!

I'm a virtual bookkeeper and an Enrolled Agent. Much like you, I started with a brick-n-mortar practice and am slowly transitioning into a virtual practice. I started with my first virtual client in May of 2008 and am now about 75% virtual with bookkeeping services. My tax prep services are stuck at only 5% virtual, though, and will probably stay that way.

Good luck and welcome!

Deb

Hello Everyone,

I finally signed up for membership here. It's been a very difficult year for me and my daughter so I'm excited to get started networking and continuing to grow my business. My name is Simone and I own and operate Executive Virtual Service (EVS).

In response to the post for Virtual Bookkeepers, I do work with QuickBooks and have had several clients that had me input information into QuickBooks for them. Although I am not an expert, I am very capable and qualified at reconciling statements, entering data, etc.

If anyone needs assistance, please feel free to let me know. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Warmly,

Simone

Executive Virtual Services

http://executivevirtualservices.net

Deb - how valuable have you found your EA to be (other than the knowledge you gain by studying to be an EA, of course) in your business? I've thought of becoming an EA, but honestly, I really don't love taxes. I'm good at it, and it can help bring in some extra $$, but I don't know that I want to do it for the long term. I guess the only reason I'm considering it is that I started with and have worked on and off with the large national tax chain that's NOT Jackson Hewitt, and I can take all the classes I want, including EA prep, for $20 a year.

Amanda: Being an EA is super helpful when working with people who haven't filed for a while or who need to amend their return. Also, when trying to appeal penalties and other assessments, it's very helpful to "represent" the taxpayers against the IRS ... which only EAs and CPAs can do.

For doing routine 1040's it isn't helpful in and of itself, but it sets me apart from all of the unregistered, unlicensed tax preparers out there. So, from a marketing perspective it is helpful.

Hope that helps! Also hope you're a good student ... the test is REALLY hard! The continuing education I need to take each year to retain my certification really adds up, too ... around $350 - $400 per year.

Hi Fellow Bookkeepers!

My name is Kim and am a Certified QB ProAdvisor and Registered Paraplanner. I started my VA business, Backstage Virtual Assistant, when my employer revamped his business structure and no longer needed an assistant. Now that my daughter is back to school (1st grade) I am putting much more effort into building a client base, networking, and learning.

Looking forward to 'meeting' all of you!

~~Kim

Welcome Leslie! Yes, there are a few that do bookkeeping here...enough that we dedicate a whole thread to questions on bookkeeping. Feel free to chime in and add questions you have or help others out at it. I look forward to getting to know you through your posts.