Sign in to follow this  
25thhourassistants

Best Blackberry Apps

Okay, so my new (to me) Blackberry is on its way to me from Alabama. I'm excited because there are SO MANY MORE apps for Blackberry as opposed to Windows Mobile (my previous 2 phones were WinMo). What are your favorite BB apps and why? Or, if you have a favorite iPhone App, I've noticed most of them also seem to have BB versions, so what are your favorite iPhone apps?

If I hadn't forgotten my blackberry at home today I would be able to give you a better list but some of my go-to favorites are:

Poynt (must have!)

Evernote

Google Maps

WeatherBug

PatternLock

MailMinder (love this one -- allows you to add rules for your email)

After I pick up my bberry I'll look through it and let you know what else. Oh, if you use Google be sure you download Googsync.

Lanel

Amanda, I have an Android (Google) phone. Here are a few apps I use alot, for which you may be able to find a BB counterpart:

- Advanced Task Killer. I use it several times an hour. (saves battery by allowing you to choose which apps to turn off in the background; Blackberry might have something similar or may not even need it)

- my bank's app

- PayPal mobile

- DirectTV - you can set a movie to record while away from home (if you have DIRECTTV)

- Google Maps (navigation sys is free on android)

- Lookout - antivirus and also helps locate a lost phone

- OI (oi) File Manager - not sure if for Blackberry but allows you to browse file folders on card/phone

- SMS to Text - saves batches of text messages to text or csv file. Handy as a backup of needed messages. Can filter by person.

- Zillow -- real estate app. See zillow.com

- Words for Friends - like Scrabble :) (when the work is done, of course LOL)

- YouTube, if it doesn't come with your phone

- COMPANIONLINK: Sync PC data (usb or wirelessly) with Mobile (ACT!, Outlook, Goldmine, etc.) They've been around for years so you might already be familiar with them: www.companionlink.com Great selection, prices, and I think, phone support.

So, which model of Blackberry did you choose? Hope you like it!

Kathy

Okay, so my new (to me) Blackberry is on its way to me from Alabama. I'm excited because there are SO MANY MORE apps for Blackberry as opposed to Windows Mobile (my previous 2 phones were WinMo). What are your favorite BB apps and why? Or, if you have a favorite iPhone App, I've noticed most of them also seem to have BB versions, so what are your favorite iPhone apps?

I happen to know that I have convinced Amanda that she needed to come over to the Android side instead of the BB side of things.

After HP killed the Palm, RIM is doing its best to slowly kill off the Blackberry.(unintentional though) HP are just idiots and have not known what they are doing for the last 10 years.

She now loves her Android G2x and does to see how she ever lived without it. :rolleyes:

I have totally converted her into a "tech household FREAK"! B)

P.S........ She can't stop playing "ANGRY BIRDS" hehehehehee

I happen to know that I have convinced Amanda that she needed to come over to the Android side instead of the BB side of things.

After HP killed the Palm, RIM is doing its best to slowly kill off the Blackberry.(unintentional though) HP are just idiots and have not known what they are doing for the last 10 years.

She now loves her Android G2x and does to see how she ever lived without it. :rolleyes:

LOL, yes, he has. And recently I HAVE stopped playing Angry Birds, because I'm playing Navy Wars instead - and who got me turned on to that game, hmmmmmm?

P.S. - I also happen to know that Rocnred has Angry Birds on his phone too - even though he probably won't admit it.

Amanda ... So sorry -- I thought your question about Blackberry was new, but it's a year old and I didn't notice that! Haha, excuse the newbie as MANY of the posts on the forum are marked red as "new" for me so I'll have to be careful! :) I hope you ended up with an Android!

ka

LOL, yes, he has. And recently I HAVE stopped playing Angry Birds, because I'm playing Navy Wars instead - and who got me turned on to that game, hmmmmmm?

P.S. - I also happen to know that Rocnred has Angry Birds on his phone too - even though he probably won't admit it.

yeah i really like blackberry mobile and i prefer blackberry ti iphone and i loved apps and provide the new feacher and function good post thank you nice job keep it up

I recently upgraded to the HTC Rezound andriod phone but before that I had a BB Bold. In addition to some of the apps listed above I also had:

-Quickpull (mimics a hard reset and frees up space)

-Lookout Mobile Security (an app that can track your phone if you lose it)

Plus of course:

-Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn