Elenora

WordPress and the Headway Premium theme

Good day all,

I am presently working on a total 'redo' for one of my client's website in WordPress and I am ready to throw in the towel!

Here is the problem:

My client is presently using the WP Headway Premium theme latest version 1.6.6 which comes with a Visual Editor. Now, I thought that for sure it would be easy....Nope; I 'played" with this thing last evening and cannot understand the 'leaf' concept. I have followed tutorials, searched the web and still cannot get the Editor to work properly. I have also left a query on their forum, and I am still waiting for an answer.

Example: At this present point, the content on the pages is ‘squished’ in other words; the sentences are one on top of the other. (Good thing I am working behind a maintenance screen right now!)

So my question is the following:

Has anybody worked with this theme before? And if so, would it be possible to explain in simple terms how the 'leafs “work? Can I disable the Visual Editor, and go back to good old css and html?

Also, how do I explain to my customer that I don’t understand the Visual Editor? I mean, this makes me look like a total idiot LOL

I mean, what do I do, charge the client extra until I get it straight? I have been thinking of trying to convince the client of moving to a different theme, but then she bought this thing before she was my client and claims that it is the best.

Another thing, the website was already build with Headway version 1.0, and looks like ….So; obviously, whoever worked on this either had the same problem, or was not into creating a WP website!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm hoping that this gradually works out for you. I haven't worked with Headway, but have looked at it. I use Thesis and have worked with people who use both and seem to be successful at 'getting' it.

Are the forums any help? It is my understanding they have a pretty strong Have you had any success on Twitter with #headwaywp? It looks like they have a conversation going.

It does work. I just haven't worked with it. The main reason I don't have it is because of buying the license with Thesis which works for me and I needed another piece of equipment that used the money!