I've had two exciting things happen this week and I'm so excited I had to share:

1. I've had an article published in the journal of the British Society of Medical Secretaries and Adminsitrators

and

2. Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of embarking on a longterm weight loss plan and joining Slimming World. When I weighed in I had lost 4 stone which is 56 pounds or 25.5kg.

Great job Lynn!

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Thanks, everyone.

That's fantastic!! Well done! Would love to hear how you shed the weight.

I've lost the weight by joining Slimming World, which is relatively new in the USA, but has been around in the UK for many years. Last year they changed the plan and it makes far more sense than the old plans they did. Basically there are certain foods which are "free" and you eat literally as much as you like (e.g. lean meat (including bacon!), fruit, veg, potatoes, rice, pasta, couscous). There are some foods (like milk and cheese, and cereal and bread) that you have limited quantities of and are called "healthy extras" - e.g. 1oz porridge. Then there are foods that are classed as treats. The only things you count and weigh are the healthy extras and the treats - the rest you eat to your hearts content. My group leader's favourite saying is "If you're hungry you're not doing it properly" and the consultant anaesthetist I work for (and who is responsible for shocking me into losing weight) often questions the amount I eat and is shocked that I start the day with a bowl of porridge and a full English breakfast (obviously not fried).

Edited by Lynn Cox