HELLO FROM OH-IO

Hello everyone!

I'm going to try this again! I tried to start my VA business a couple of years ago while also owning/managing two tanning salons in our small town of Ashland, OH.

The tanning industry was hit pretty hard during the early years of the recession. Tanning is one of the primary non-essential expenses most families cut out of their budgets. In trying to cut expenses, I thought I would find another source of income and take myself off the payroll. I began putting together my VA business plan, marketing, etc.; however it just became too overwhelming at the time trying to run the businesses and finding the time to research and market myself. Prior to my husband and I purchasing our first tanning salon in 2005, I also worked full-time as an Administrative Assistant to the Director of Auxiliary Services at our local University. In 2006, we purchased our second salon. Due to employee issues and the salons needing a full-time manager, I resigned at the University after almost seven years. Those were some of the best "work experience" days of my career (ex. co-coordinating parades, ice-sculpting and 5K City Walk events)!

In January of 2009, we were forced to close our first salon. I was still unable to find work as a VA, so I accepted a full-time position as a Sales Associate at Macy's in Mansfield, OH (half hour drive) in the Men's Department. After six month's in that position, the management team thought I would be a good sales associate to boost sales in the Fine Jewelry Department. In December of 2009, we closed our second salon. Fortunately, I had my position at Macy's! Mid-February of 2010, I accepted a part-time position as a part of the Administrative Support Team in the office. Let me tell ya, retail is a whole nother animal....

Apparently, The Lord is testing me because in May of this year I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I am still in the process of recovering from surgery, but I thank The Lord every day for my life and not having to go through chemo or radiation therapy!

It's funny how it takes something life-threatening to bring us around to what's important. All I know is at this stage/point in my life, I don't want to throw away my 15 years of experience, skills and knowledge working for someone else part-time and for pennies on the dollar, and a half hour drive each way ta boot. I'm worth more than that! So, that being said - Here I go again!

Just want to mention, I also have a pretty crazy family life. Ray, my husband of almost 10 yrs. has four children from a previous marriage and I have three, so that makes SEVEN kiddos all together. Thank goodness they are all grown! Also, our first Grandchild turns one in December! We show our Corvette in our spare time at car shows. We also enjoy traveling and experiencing the wineries along the Ohio Wine Trail.

I'm anxious to get started again! If anyone would like to share their experiences as a VA, I'm all ears.

This site is the BEST! The members are all polite, respectful, open and friendly. I'm proud to be a part of VAnetworking.com. :thumbup:

Cheers to making connections :cheers:

Tammy Sevin

ProSource Virtual Assistant Services

t7@zoominternet.net

Niche Market - Administrative Assisting

Welcome (back) Tammy! Let us know how we can help you out!

Thank you, Dana! Glad to be back!

Welcome to the forum at VAnetworking! Like you said "this site is the BEST".

Thank you, Linda!

It's great to see you back Tammy!

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

It's great to see you back Tammy!

Thanks, Patty! Congrats on the new e-book! I'll have to check it out as I've been contemplating several niche markets and thought becoming another Virtual Assistant's VA a good fit with 15 years secretarial/clerical, administrative support experience.

Have a great day! :coffee:

Hi Tammy and glad you found us here! You'll find us a fantastic support group not just for business things but personal stuff too ;) Enjoy!

Here's a list of many of our products both free and paid at our network for you to enjoy too: http://virtualassistant.slinkset.com/

vainsiders.jpg

Hi Tammy and glad you found us here! You'll find us a fantastic support group not just for business things but personal stuff too ;) Enjoy!

Here's a list of many of our products both free and paid at our network for you to enjoy too: http://virtualassistant.slinkset.com/

Thank you, Tawnya! Have a great day! :mf_type: