Sign in to follow this  
Shandon @ The Research Ace

My Try at a Brochure

OMG, if that's what you can do with little old word, I can't imagine what you could do with actual design software.

Some nit-picks:

-Align your bullet points with the word credentials - it feels off to me.

-Decrease the indent between the bullet and the content in your credentials section.

-Move the text in the About Us section down a bit so it doesn't touch the yellow - the white bleeds into the yellow at the edge and the effect bothers me.

-I would make the words "About Us" slightly larger and center them vertically on the yellow block.

These are all mainly personal preference things though, great job!

Love It. You did an incredible job. This is a personal thing for me, I am not sure I like the text under About Us, centered, but that's a personal thing. Great Job though.

Looks gorgeous! You must be a wiz at Word as I have never seen a brochure look so professional coming from Word yet. Way to go!!!

Searching for good templates can definitely do wonders!! Word for Mac 2008 comes with some great templates but if you looking up other templates online for word brochures you can definitely find some hidden treasures! I really would suggest this to anyone (but I suppose searching for free, effective trinkets online is just in my nature lol). I didn't really have to edit much. I just made a few tweaks :) My logo I made myself with The Logo Creator free trial. I wanted to make sure that the brochure looked as professional as possible (given my communication background) and would make the client want to hold on to it, but I also didn't want to spend a fortune on having someone do the job for me when I know I'm a techie myself. Since I dabble in graphic design (self taught from what I've picked up here and there) and photography with my fiancee, I like coming up with these sorts of things. Thanks for the comments everyone!!