As part of my rebranding, I knew I really needed to get some professional-looking photos of myself for the website and any other marketing material. I turned to Craigslist, and came up with a guy who is a photography major at Purdue whose work I liked and worked out a deal for a ridiculously low price. Met with him this evening, and he just sent me the first 2 shots. What do you think!

post-17741-128771721946_thumb.jpg

post-17741-128771722881_thumb.jpg

I like them both, but I think I prefer the top one. You have a terrific relaxed expression that speaks confidence and competence. The bottom one looks a little more posed and less natural for you.

Amanda

They both make you look professional. Even though we are "virtual" I believe that we need to look professional when our "faces" are out in public.

I agree that in the first picture you look relaxed.

I think the second pictures gives off the impression that you are confident, willing to face any challenge and not let someone take advantage of you.

I think that both could work to your advantage, depending on the copy that surrounds it.

My 2cents.

I like the top one as well, they are both cute, but as another member stated you look more relaxed in the top photo :)

As part of my rebranding, I knew I really needed to get some professional-looking photos of myself for the website and any other marketing material. I turned to Craigslist, and came up with a guy who is a photography major at Purdue whose work I liked and worked out a deal for a ridiculously low price. Met with him this evening, and he just sent me the first 2 shots. What do you think!

post-17741-128771721946_thumb.jpg

post-17741-128771722881_thumb.jpg

The first is my favorite of these as well - I can't wait to see the rest! We shot for about 1/2 an hour, in a couple of locations, and I saw a few on the camera LCD, so I know there were several others. The first one is my favorite overall, which is why he edited it first. There is at least one on the steps of Hovde Hall with the Purdue Engineering Mall in the background (and only Patty will know what I'm talking about, lol) that I'm really looking forward to.

Top one definitely but it needs cropping. Background is distracting on both images. Good on you for getting new photos. I do regularly - almost every year as I tend to change my hairstyle and then people tell me they almost didn't recognise me when they meet me in person :rolleyes:

Amanda, these are great. You are making terrific progress moving your business along. I agree with the others, top one is the best. Thanks for sharing your idea for finding a student on Craig's list, very creative. This is on my wish list too, but I'm with Danielle, not to crazy about the thought of posing for a camera.

Guest aplusadmin

Amanda, I have to agree, the top one looks great! The bottom one gives off a negative reaction, arms crossed.

GREAT pics!!!