clhadmin

Help with Domain, Host, and Wordpress!

I had a website all set up through Wordpress quite a while ago and when it came time to renew my domain registration I was back to work fulltime from my maternity leave and wasn't able to figure it out or get around to doing it. Now that I am on my second maternity leave I want to get my business up and running so it will be ready for when this maternity leave is done. I am just wondering who is recommended for Domain Name Registration and Web Hosting. I am looking for lower prices as well. Also then my question is whether my wordpress website is still there somewhere in cyberspace or if I have to create a whole new website again.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Also then my question is whether my wordpress website is still there somewhere in cyberspace or if I have to create a whole new website again.

I'm not sure about domain registration and hosting, I'm just looking into recommendations for a client myself. I've heard a few people mention GoDaddy but I'm sure there are plenty of other recommendations around! As far as your question about your website still being active, assuming it's the domain listed in your signature there is nothing there and nothing on the wayback machine either. Is it a different URL?

Levi (the one who is working too late)

BLuehost is my preference for webhosting, though when I started as part of my VAC (and VAinsiders) benefits I got the free hosting for a year and website setup that was part of that package offered by VAnetworking. You get your website up, designed and hosted for a year - and the bonuses that come with being insiders - Seminars, templates for starting VA business, access to RFP's etc etc.

As for where is your wite now - depends on where you hosted it - and if it all expired. You may be able to get your domain name back as well - just go back to where you had set them up and see if you can get in the acct and see what is left there.

I had a website all set up through Wordpress quite a while ago and when it came time to renew my domain registration I was back to work fulltime from my maternity leave and wasn't able to figure it out or get around to doing it. Now that I am on my second maternity leave I want to get my business up and running so it will be ready for when this maternity leave is done. I am just wondering who is recommended for Domain Name Registration and Web Hosting. I am looking for lower prices as well. Also then my question is whether my wordpress website is still there somewhere in cyberspace or if I have to create a whole new website again.

First, is your domain name still available that you used to have? If it is, your website is still on my server from the free hosting you had with the VAC. I never deleted the website itself, just suspended it. So if you can buy your exact domain name again, then your website will all be ready to roll out with no effort needed. My hosting is $99.95/yr

I just checked and your domain is still available. I buy many of my domains here and right now they have a coupon (enter coupon code GEW) for the next couple of days to receive 20% off. Their domains are only $10 so great deal!

PS: My apologies for not responding sooner. I remember you sent me an email about this but your email must have gotten lost in my inbox