Sign in to follow this  
Julie G

Door prize for publicity

I will be "launching" my new Social Media VA business (Frizzy Logic Social Media) at a women's networking lunch in 2 weeks. The speaker is discussing Social Media, so I decided I needed ramp up my preparation and be there!

To gain some exposure on the day, I will be offering a door prize and will be able to put my flyers and business cards in the take home bags.

Any ideas on a door prize?

I have rather frizzy hair, so there's always that angle.

Julie

(Frizzy Logic Social Media)

Hi Julie,

That sounds like fun! You will probably get more exposure from your items that you place in the takeaway bags, since you will reach more people, but why don't you offer a social media strategy session for your door prize?

Tracey

Guest TerriB

Offering a free 1 hour consultation would be a great prize. Good luck on your new venture.

I like the idea of a consult for a prize as well...

One question though - only because this has happened to someone I know...

Are you the speaker? or is everyone coming involved in social media? If you are competing with the speaker for business and are offering a prize etc - it can cause an issue. - from both sides.

If I was speaking on a topic and someone else was offering a door prize on the same I would be upset.

and I if was part of the networking club and someone else was brought in to speak on my area of expertise, I would have an issue as well.

Not trying to complicate anything but the situation with a friend was a bad one... and I would hate to see it happen to someone else. In her case she was part of a networking club and they brought in a speaker who taught these same type of services and who also had student interns and she offered to anyone there that they could use one of the interns for this work - free. Hard to sell your services to people in the group - if you can get it free.

Food for thought....

I will be "launching" my new Social Media VA business (Frizzy Logic Social Media) at a women's networking lunch in 2 weeks. The speaker is discussing Social Media, so I decided I needed ramp up my preparation and be there!

To gain some exposure on the day, I will be offering a door prize and will be able to put my flyers and business cards in the take home bags.

Any ideas on a door prize?

I have rather frizzy hair, so there's always that angle.

Julie

(Frizzy Logic Social Media)

Okay - totally off the wall, but how about attaching your business card to a packet of Alka Seltzer w/ some funny saying on the back of the card like, "Don't let your social media give you indigestion - let Fizzy Logic handle it" or something like that.

Okay - totally off the wall, but how about attaching your business card to a packet of Alka Seltzer w/ some funny saying on the back of the card like, "Don't let your social media give you indigestion - let Fizzy Logic handle it" or something like that.

hehehe Dana, cute! ;)

Thanks so much everyone for your time and suggestions. I am still giggling about the indigestion one!!!

I have ended up choosing a USB stick - silver, shaped as a heart with DIAMONTES on half. Give your business sparkle with social media (or something). It was funky and I just had to give it a try- pity I can't win. I will certainly offer services another time. Still gaining experience for now.

Shouldn't be any issues with the speaker - she is a writer and publisher with lots of

experience in social media and we don't overlap. I have interacted with her already and she is very sweet. No-one else does what I do in this network currently.

Is going to be a busy week- finalizing logo, designing business cards and flyers, Facebook and website. Will do what I can and see what happens.... Ahhh learning curve

Julie

Edited by FrizzyLogic

Julie, I was at a luncheon last week and there was the same sort of "raffle/door prize" that members of the association raffled off. Because I was new and had not attended before, I wasn't aware of this great marketing tool. I thought it was such a terrific idea. There were so many different businesses and so many different types of prizes. Your idea of using the USB stick is RIGHT ON! That is something that a person can always use, and the plus is that it has such an awesome idea/slogan behind it. I love it!

At the luncheon I attended, there were definitely prizes that were the "I-wish-I-could-win-that" prizes. Your idea of the USB drive is going to be one of those "I-hope-I-win-that" prizes.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!