Internet  Secretary

NEW BUSINESS - PLEASE CHECK OVER MY WEBSITE

Hi All,

I've just completed my website and I was wondering if you can please look over it.

I know the green colours are bright but I really want colour involved.

If someone is also able to check it reads ok and that I haven't missed any information.

www.internetsecretary.com.au

Thanks

Colette

Hi there, I think you have the right idea on wanting color involved, however it is hard on the eyes, with the black background and the colors it does stand out, but in my personal opinion maybe not the way I would want it too. I myself have eye strain, and when my eyes hurt the last thing I want to look at is bright. I think if you changed the background color and toned it down you could still keep the color and make it stand out with out the black. Information is good and to the point and not to wordy in my opinion.

Hi All,

I've just completed my website and I was wondering if you can please look over it.

I know the green colours are bright but I really want colour involved.

If someone is also able to check it reads ok and that I haven't missed any information.

www.internetsecretary.com.au

Thanks

Colette

Please lose the black background. The green isn't bad. If you want a background color, try a silver/gray or other colors that might coordinate with the green.

Black or red backgrounds say 'this is my first website and i've just learned where the background button is'.

Bright color with the graphics, but keep text in darker colors so people can easily read it. As Diana said, remember the visitor's eyes.

Hi and welcome to our forum!

I agree with the others, your website is hard to read, like reading a neon sign. It might be fine for a gaming company or something but for a VA business, I'd stick to more corporate style colors.

Enjoy the forum!

Hello, Collette. I just took a look at your Web site -- so I'm not sure if you made any of the revisions or toned down some of the bright colors. I agree, the contrasts are a little hard on the eyes. But you have made your color scheme consistent, which is really nice.

The best of luck with your new business, and welcome to this great forum!

Please keep your green; I read somewhere that a bright green in the content will catch the visitor's eye first.

This article promotes 'evergreen color'

The shade you've chosen was on another I saw last week -- see there; I remember the color, but not the place! When using Chrome, the url suggestions are bright, dark green.

Green means go in Missouri, it seems to make people like to spend money and has appeal all around. (Although my dad hated green and every time I had green clothes he either didn't approve or did approve because the green one was the least expensive)

Hi there, I like your site and the colours (actually I love the rainbow effect behind your business name and logo). One thing I noticed (and I haven't gone through your entire site yet) is at the bottom of the main page your last sentence says 'contact me ....' I'm not sure if it's regular internet etiquette but I would make the 'contact me' a link so that people don't have to look around to find the contact info. Just a time-saving idea that's all.

Otherwise, I like it!

Cathy

Hi Colette,

I agree that the black background is a little too dark in contrast - as black of often is.

Although I don't think you need to go too light, you may want to soften it to a really dark grey. The green is nice on it, and your main colour of your text beige is fine, but the blue is very hard to read - it may make people stop reading because it looks fuzzy on the black background. I like the steel grey from the Facebook sidebar - you may want to go with that instead of the blue.

Great information on your pages through - not too many words which I really like.

One more thing - I would make your photo larger on the About page (remember they are buying YOU!) and put your name underneath it. I didn't see your name anywhere else on your site, and that's important when you are trying to gain the trust of virtual clients.

Great job, good luck and welcome to the forum!

Tracey

Unfortunately I can't really read the site, it's just hurting my eyes, but you have had some great feedback here already about the background colour. Checking out this Sitepoint article for a quick and easy introduction to colour might help you out a bit too; Essential Colour Checklists For Web Design