salterva

Word Document - adding 2nd page that isn't needed

Okay, I seem to get weird issues. My client has a document created in Word. It is a header and a table with 1 row (full page height) and 4 columns.

When I open it, it shows up as one page. When SHE opens it or converts to pdf, it comes up with a 2nd page that only has the header. We can't get rid of the 2nd page.

Any clue?? :wacko:

Karen

Sometimes when you put a table into a document you need to make sure there is a couple of hard returns after the table so you have a little more page at the end. If you can, get her to turn on her show/hide button and see if there is a couple of lines after the table, if not, she might have to shorten the table, and get some spaces in there.

Hope that made a little sense! lol I'm not the best at explaining things!

Cathy

Sometimes when you put a table into a document you need to make sure there is a couple of hard returns after the table so you have a little more page at the end. If you can, get her to turn on her show/hide button and see if there is a couple of lines after the table, if not, she might have to shorten the table, and get some spaces in there.

Hope that made a little sense! lol I'm not the best at explaining things!

Cathy

This is what I was thinking too Except it works for you. Can you compare margin settings? Perhaps those are different between the two of you. Something is different between your page and her page. Just what you need on a Friday.

Or perhaps in the header settings, she doesn't have 'different first page' checked...I'm not sure but sometimes I've had to play around with those settings to see what happens. Does she have a different version of Word than you? That might be something. But deleting the header on the second page will work. It's hard to say why Word does that, but I've had a similar thing happen where things look one way on my computer and look noticeably different on a co-workers computer just down the hall! Hopefully you can get it straightened out!

Hi Karen,

I’ve seen this happen when two different computers use different printer drivers. Even though all the other settings are the same – margins, font and font size, etc. – the documents just don’t print the same because they are set up to be used with different printers. Unfortunately, I’m not sure how to fix this if you and your client don't have the same printer.

Does your client need to edit the table after you are finished with it? Perhaps you can make a PDF out of it from your end so it fits on one page and she can work with that. Otherwise, I agree that shortening the table would be your option, whether it's through reducing the content, the font size, or adjusting the line spacing.

Hope this helps.

Sue