Another Colorado Springs Newbie

Hello Everyone!

My name is Liz and I live in Colorado Springs. Originally I'm from Southern New Jersey. Currently I work full-time as the Marketing Coordinator for a consulting company; however, come Monday I will be giving my notice in order to pursue my goal of becoming a virtual assistant, having my own business, and becoming a work at home mom. Although I don't have children yet, my husband and I just decided to pursue international adoption and will begin this long process soon! Looks like the year 2005 is going to be a very busy one for me!

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and hopefully find the help, guidance and support I'll need in terms of getting my business up and running.

Anyhow, here's wishing all of you a successful New Year! May your fondest of dreams become your most treasured memory!

Liz

Guest TerryGreen

Hi Liz,

Welcome to the group. Best of luck with your business, and the adoption process. My 29 year old son was adopted in S. Korea when my ex was stationed there while in the Navy. It was very easy since we were over there at the time - but that was in 1981, so I'm sure things have changed very, very much.

Have a prosperous 2005!

Terry

Hi Liz, and welcome to the group!

I'm sure that you'll find there is no shortage of support, encouragement and advice here. So if you have any questions, ask away!

Lori

smile.gif

Welcome Liz,

Sounds like you will have a very busy year!

Nancy smile.gif

Welcome Liz and thanks for allowing us to share in your journey as a new VA. Working from home is a most rewarding experience. Looking forward to getting to know you here and give you support along the way.

Tawnya

vainsiders.jpg

Welcome to the forum. I too have one adopted son, however he was through a domestic adoption.

Wishing you much luck in your personal and professional pursuits!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome - now I have to remember who is who. Until I resign my position I won't be posting much but once that happens I'll be here all the time.

I did choose a name for my business and it's S&E Business Support Services. S&E stands for Stephen & Elizabeth --- real original huh? My husband, the IT person and the "S" in S&E, is designing my website and as soon as it's completed I will post a link. I'm almost finished with my marketing piece, which is in the form of a postcard, and I intend to mass mail it and see what type of response I get. Typically it's about a 1 to 2% return when you mass mail. Hey, if that doesn't work then it's on to the next idea.

I've been browsing the SBA website and have found good information on starting a business and some interesting free online courses so I've been having fun reading. I'm also going to check into joining our local chapter of BNI but will wait until I've resigned my position and have the time to attend meetings. From all the research I've done I'm learning that networking is the best way to find clients.

Again, thank you all for welcoming me and I'm so happy I found this group!

Liz

Welcome to the gang Liz flowers.gif

You have come to the right place to network with other VA's and we have a great group here. I look forward to getting to know you.

I like the name of your business thumbup.gif

Hope to see you here often.

Welcome, Liz (although I'm a bit late!). Good luck on your venture into the VA world. My sister and her husband just adopted a little girl (22 months) from China this past August. She is such a sweetheart! They're looking to go back in 2 or 3 years to adopt another. Keep us informed how things are going, both with the adoption and your new VA venture.