Greetings Everyone! Glad to be a new member and share this wonderful profession with other like-minded members.

I am Karen Corey of KCCGlobal.com, formerly Corey's Referrals. I am a Business Marketing/Advertising Consultant for over 11 years in Wake Forest, NC. Up until last year, 2010, I had mostly provided a local hand delivery of business referrals to local homeowners (yes, I said hand-delivered). With our marketing quickly changing to web/mobile presence and numerous requests to assist local owners with web based tasks (marketing for websites/blogs, email, newsletter, phone broadcast, opt-in lead pages, video ads and social media campaigns), I've researched, studied and applied various softwares to serve local businesses a practical, step by step IM social media strategy which delivers long term results. I am extremely resourceful and will be most flattered given any of my experiences and methods help others here. I am mostly self taught, by doing just this, seeking out other professionals that were generous. So too, I shall give back. :D

Specialties: Passion for our private sector to stay healthy & prosperous.

On a more personal note:

What City/Town/State/Country are you from?: originally Paramus, NJ

Any kids and how old? That's such a funny question to me after your "kids" are grown. I have 2 grown sons & 6 grandchildren (no ages mentioned to protect "grandma" here....funny how no one knows any math until you start telling them how old your kids are!) ;)

Hobbies & Interests: Just love cutting edge natural food strategies, growing organically & growing herbs in my CoreyGardens, listed with NC AgriTourism.

Welcome to VAnetworking Karen!

I completely understand the whole grandma age issue. LOL

Enjoy the forum and I look forward to seeing you around.

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Karen

Welcome to the forum at VAnetworking!

As for the math, it really depends on when you had your first child --Several of my first cousins were grandparents at 40. That's not to say how old I am, the math can get really tricky there. LOL

Karen

Welcome to the forum at VAnetworking!

As for the math, it really depends on when you had your first child --Several of my first cousins were grandparents at 40. That's not to say how old I am, the math can get really tricky there. LOL

Wanted to make sure, I got back to everyone here. Nice to meet you and thank you.

Interesting that you used to run a referral service, Karen--that's what I do! We should definitely talk about this some time.

My referral service grew out of the word processing business I started 29 years ago, believe it or not (!), back before the word "virtual assistant" was coined, in the days when the clients brought all their work to me at my home office. My clients would ask me things like, "Do you do computer repair, bookkeeping, website design?" so I developed a network of trustworthy peers who provided computer and office support services (at first locally, and now internationally) to whom I could refer them. Nowadays, the referral service is pretty much my full-time business; I help VAs and their clients find experienced VAs and expert computer consultants and subcontractors for tasks they don't do themselves.

I've known Tawnya for a long, long time--in fact, she says finding my website "way back when" was what inspired her to be a VA--but I haven't taken the opportunity to get very involved with VANetworking's forums because I was the moderator for the International Virtual Assistants (IVAA) Yahoogroup for many years. Now that someone else has taken over that job, I'm hoping that I can spend more time here.

My website is http://www.ninafeldman.com,'>http://www.ninafeldman.com, Facebook business page is http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Nina-Feldman-Connections/119967834687692, and Twitter handle is NinaFeldman.

I know a lot of my IVAA pals are here, and I look forward to getting to know you and the other VAs on this forum!

Nina

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nina Feldman Connections (NFC)

http://www.ninafeldman.com

ph 510-655-4296 . fax 510-655-7245

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you or a client need a computer consultant or virtual assistant

for a task you don't do? Call me when you're stumped, and I'll put

you directly in touch with someone I recommend.

Referrals are FREE-service providers pay the commission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Endorsements: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ninafeldman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~