25thhourassistants

My goal: 40 retainer hours in the next 60 days!

I'm breaking the tradition of using just one thread for everyone's accountability because I need to keep this visible for myself - and I need EVERYONE'S support. I sat down last night and figured out exactly what it would take for me to replace my income so I can quit my day job and go full time with my business. 40 hours. No, it won't improve our standard of living at the moment, but that is the minimum that I need to get out of cubicle hell and gain the time I need to devote to my business. 40 hours.

Soooo...

MY GOAL IS TO HAVE 40 HOURS ON RETAINER BY MARCH 12.

There, I said it. Now I just need to do it.

Edited to add:

Progress for today (before I leave for work) - emailed 5 wedding/bridal shows that are happening in the next month to inquire about advertising in their vendor packets.

Progress 1/11/11 evening: emailed 2 Wedding Industry associations regarding advertising, ordered my new business cards with updated branding.

Progress 1/12/11 morning: designed postcard for postcard mailing.

Amanda

I am so proud of you for setting that goal for yourself! I will check back with you to see how you are progressing.

I woke up at 5 am today - an hour and a half BEFORE my alarm! I am still SOOOOO not a morning person, but for some reason having this goal motivates me to get up early. I designed a postcard this morning, which I will finish up and order tonight. Also on my list tonight - mailing list for postcards.

I know postcard marketing doesn't have a HUGE ROI, but the price is right, and even if I can get them thinking about a VA, it opens up opportunities. I just need to get eyeballs on my site.

post-17741-0-43603500-1294831832_thumb.png

The backside says:

"When you, as a business owner, spend your precious time doing administrative tasks that you don't enjoy and aren't your forte, are you really doing justice to yourself OR your business?

Allowing a virtual assistant to take over some of the administrative workload frees up your time and energy to do the things you love - help your clients create the weddings of their dreams.

Visit www.25thHourAssistants.com/promo to find out how you can add hours to your days and weeks by hiring a virtual assistant and claim your FREE 2-hour "test drive" service.

PLUS, mention this postcard when you contact us, and receive a 10% discount off your first paid invoice!"

Postcard on hold for the moment - I got a response from one of the MAJOR bridal show producers in Northern California and their price for insertion into their vendor kits is extremely reasonable - and includes both information in their printed packet AND my flyer added to their electronic "welcome kit" that is emailed to all vendors before the show. I'm waiting on a response from them to see if I can get in for either their January 30 or February 20 shows and also to confirm their vendor counts for these shows. If it's still possible and the numbers come back the way I think they will, I'll be spending my dollars there and the postcards can wait.

Wish me luck!

Terrific opportunity, Amanda. That is really zeroing in on your niche with the 'umbrella' of another entity instead of the risk of being lost in the mail room at the potential bridal salon.

Yesterday, 1/13/11: Made some modifications to website, corresponded with sales coordinator of major bridal show re: inclusion in vendor packets, worked on Rack Card design for bridal show vendor packets.

Today, 1/14/11: Continued working on rack cards, wrote 3 blog posts (1 posted, 2 scheduled for posting Monday and Wednesday of next week), made a blogging calendar, researched and signed up for affiliate programs for sites related to blog topics.

This morning - emailed the bridal show lady and asked her to send me a contract (!!), tweeted my new blog post and also posted an excerpt and a link in the blogging forum.

Didn't get much done over the weekend because my in-laws were in Chicago and my husband and I drove up to see them - and the Intercontinental (their choice, not ours) charges $15 a night for wifi, so I was limited to Starbucks wifi and the closest starbucks didn't have convenient power outlets. Grrr....

This morning - emailed the bridal show lady and asked her to send me a contract (!!), tweeted my new blog post and also posted an excerpt and a link in the blogging forum.

Didn't get much done over the weekend because my in-laws were in Chicago and my husband and I drove up to see them - and the Intercontinental (their choice, not ours) charges $15 a night for wifi, so I was limited to Starbucks wifi and the closest starbucks didn't have convenient power outlets. Grrr....

Two Words: Air Card. I have one for emergencies that I got from Virgin Mobile for about $60. Might be worth checking into, just in case you are in an area that either charges for their WiFi, or has limitations. We've run into that with conferences - too much bandwidth being taken up, which can happen if you have too many people trying to get on an internet connection that's not used to that.