The holidays, new website design, New Year, Las Vegas-for Tawnya, change of nights, (and the list goes on ...)

VAjot is now every Thursday beginning at 4:00 pm PST. Join Amanda, and others, this Thursday -January 27th. Bring your mic & headphone combo so that you can talk with other VAs from all over.

Having trouble finding the seminar room since things have been updated on the website -- go to http://www.vanetworking.com/seminars If you haven't signed up for these FREE seminars, do it now so that you can get the password sent to you. Arrive early and test out your mic to make sure that it's working properly. [Amanda will probably "kill me" for saying that, especially since I have to miss this Thursday's VAjot. :( ]

Starting February 3rd, Tawnya has made arrangements to have a weekly speaker starting at 3:00 pm PST, just prior to VAjot. The seminars prior to VAjot will also be FREE.

Mark your calendars now to join us this Thursday at 4:00 pm PST [7:00 pm EST] for VAjot and then next Thursday, February 3rd, beginning at 3:00 pm PST [6:00 pm EST] for our seminar, followed by VAjot at 4:00 pm PST [7:00 pm EST].

Hey Linda,

Just wanted you to know that I moved this topic to the eSeminars & chat forum area. :)

Hey everyone...remember that you can check to see what timezone these start in by going here. For those in the US, the VAjots will start at 7pm ET/6pm CT/5pm MT/4pm PT and the seminars will start at 6pm ET/5pm CT/4pm MT/3pm PT.

Also, if you scroll down on this page, you'll see the Google calendar of seminars/VAjots. There's also a calendar here on the forum that you can see by going scrolling to the top of the forum and under 'Free VA Forums' you'll see a calendar link that you can click on.

Just wanted to say that the times are totally un-understandable for not US-citizen.

I know I have to convert them to my timezone, which would be fairly straight forward if there would be some consistency in the times you are mentioning.

On the website it says "4pm PDT", followed by link which is set to Vancouver. When I convert it to London-Time it gives me 11pm London

I then noticed it is set to Vancouver and tried it as written with 4pm PDT, which gives me 00:00 London-Time.

Then I've checked with the forums here and get: PDT/PST/EST ... which results anywhen between 00:00 and 01:00 London-Time.

It is also very hard to understand for a newbie, that you have to register for the advertised webinar first. It was only after a couple of times trying and getting a "wrong password"-error, that I figured that out.

I don't want to be over-fussy, just want to point out, that it is material for confusion and I have now no idea when the VAjot will be happening. Life is not getting simpler as we have end of daylight saving coming up in the UK this weekend.

Could anyone please clarify?

Thank you.

You only have to register once to received the password which is "educate" if you don't want to register.

As for timezones, I can only suggest looking it up online through a world clock like http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ or here with this link. All you need to do is put your city in here and when I put London in, it also came up with 11PM your time.

Hope that helps!

You only have to register once to received the password which is "educate" if you don't want to register.

As for timezones, I can only suggest looking it up online through a world clock like http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ or here with this link. All you need to do is put your city in here and when I put London in, it also came up with 11PM your time.

Hope that helps!

Yes, figured after a while how to register.

Ehm, 11pm was the wrong time. Not sure if it was because of daylight savings or for any other reason, but I've been in the webinar place since 11pm and it turned out the start was at midnight.

Sadly I cannot take part next week due to no internet (I am moving house), but as soon I've got my new internet I will try again with the wintertime in place and then I will report here what happened.

Hope that helps!

Yes, figured after a while how to register.

Ehm, 11pm was the wrong time. Not sure if it was because of daylight savings or for any other reason, but I've been in the webinar place since 11pm and it turned out the start was at midnight.

Sadly I cannot take part next week due to no internet (I am moving house), but as soon I've got my new internet I will try again with the wintertime in place and then I will report here what happened.

Andrea - I have an idea. The next time you are ready to join a Thursday VAjot gathering, how about if you catch me on Skype earlier that day, and I'll be able to tell you that it is starting in __ hours. You might catch Amanda on Skype too, but I can't speak for her. Good luck with your move! It was nice talking with you the other day on VAjot.

Kathy