Guest TerriB

Client Q & A's

Guest TerriB

I would like to compile a list of questions & answers that VAs get asked by potential or new clients.

My thought is that this will help new VAs when faced with questions they don't know how to answer.

Thanks!

There are two basic themes behind most questions: "What's in it for me?" AND "How much does it cost?" Cover a lot of bases by emphasizing benefits to the client and the importance of investing in services that will free the client to do what they love.

I don't have a hard & fast list of questions I ask. I start out by talking to potential clients by asking them what started them looking for a virtual assistant, and I let them just talk for about 5 minutes. All the while, I'm writing things down that they say, like, "I fear my emails because it seems like I answer 1 and get 5 more in the time I'm answering them," or "I just can't get the time to call the people I need to meet with." that gives me a clue about what they need. Then I can hone in and ask pointed questions. All in all, my initial consult with a client can take up to 45 minutes and then I send them a written proposal based on the various things they've said in our conversation and what I can do to help them out.

You'll learn how you work best and each VA is going to consult with clients differently. I take a coaching approach, I guess is the best way to describe it because my clients are attorneys, CEOs, financial planners, etc. They often don't have someone that will just let them vent and talk - because they're the ones that people are coming to to solve their problems. I like to be the one to help solve my clients' problems, and I let them know that if I can't solve it, we'll figure out a way to get it solved.

Hi!

I had a skype interveiw with a client today. We did the skype interview then the client sent me these written questions to answer.

1) What unique value do you provide to your customers (clients)?

2) Describe, in list form, your work ethic in detail. Please use at least 5 single words followed by detailed descriptions (i.e. Integrity-I/we demonstrate integrity by…; tenacity- I/we are tenacious in…; Passionate- I/we are passionate about providing…, etc.).

3) What is your business’s stated or unstated motto?

4) What is your business’s stated or unstated mission?

5) What type of experience(s) do you want every one of your customers to have as a result of working with you?

6) When you’ve made errors which impacts the quality of the service you give to your customers, (a) what have you done to make it right? (B) What other types of things would you do to make amends with your customers in the future?

Edited by trcropp

This is a great idea. I am new to the industry and when I did a google search on 'client questions for virtual assistants' it will bring up a lot of good examples that may help you. I know being new in this industry this type of document would be very helpful as well.

I don't have hard and fast Q&A's either, as it really depends on what the client needs as to what I ask them. Often, my clients know they need help - but they don't even know what to ask me! So I let them talk, then I extrapolate out of what they said what I think they are needing and repeat it back to them in laymen's terms. ;)

I have a consultation process which includes a pre-consultation questionnaire, along with other information that I gather during the consultation. The pre-consultation questionnaire helps them focus on where they are having problems so that we can address those issues during the consultation.

Great idea to start a list here of questions to ask the client. I wing it myself and listen more than talk. Usually the client tells me what they need before they even know what they need done by me ;)

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

I would like to compile a list of questions & answers that VAs get asked by potential or new clients.

My thought is that this will help new VAs when faced with questions they don't know how to answer.

Thanks!

Here is a list of common VA Q&As that I recently saw, hope this helps.

• What is a Virtual Assistant?
  • What will a virtual real estate assistant do for me and my business and how do I use a virtual assistant?
  • How can a virtual assistant help me make more money in my real estate business? How are other real estate professionals using virtual assistants?
  • How can hiring a virtual assistant benefit me and my real estate business?
  • How can I trust a person I've never met in person, and never will, to keep my leads and my business confidential?
  • How quickly will a virtual assistant be available to me when I need to assign a task? When will she/he get it back to me and how?
  • How can I find a good virtual assistant?
  • How can I successfully screen a virtual assistant?
  • How do I train my virtual assistant to do what I want?
  • How do I ensure quality with my virtual assistant?
  • How can I manage an assistant who is 100's of miles away?
  • What does it cost to have a virtual assistant?
  • How many people are in your bank of people who answer phones for clients?
  • What if I'm not happy with the admin you assign me?
  • I don't know how to transfer the files or how this will all work.
  • Are your Admins the scrapings from the bottom of the barrel? The ones that corporate America didn't want?
  • Will my virtual admin or marketing assistant live near me?
  • Can your assistant answer my office phones, even if she's not in my office?
  • Isn't a service like this expensive?
  • Can I set my own budget?
  • How do your virtuals work?
  • How can I trust someone I've never met?
  • What can I do to be sure I get what I'm looking for in an assistant?

Guest tracylcray

This is very helpful. Being new to this, I haven't come up against any questions yet, but I'm sure I will. I think having a list like this and adding to it as new questions arise would be helpful to have on hand and in a convenient place, like a business binder. Thanks.