25thhourassistants

My mother gave me a mullet....

I don't know....I think I would be embarrassed. Does your mom drive a '69 Charger with a confederate flag on the hood?

Not anymore, and there wasn't a confederate flag, but my parents did own a '69 Charger when they first got married, believe it or not! My dad was into cars.

LOL! My son (now 12) had a mullet for a few years when he was a toddler. He was so adorable and I didn't want to cut it. I know I'm old but I still think some people look good with that style.

In the 70s there was a cut sorta like that and we called it a 'shag' (long or short) . Lit your mullet, it allowed the feeling of long hair with the common sense of something curly around the face. there was some natural curly hair at our house, but it really only bloomed when shorter. It worked for boys and girls -- I can remember driving down 3rd street and seeing the back of a haircut that looked pretty good -- got past it and it was a guy! Now, the term shag isn't for polite company.

It's like that story I keep telling you about shoes. My kids shove me in a closet when I say "I don't like to wear thongs, they hurt my feet.". But, I didn't grow up calling those 'flip-flops', and old habit die hard.

My kids shove me in a closet when I say "I don't like to wear thongs, they hurt my feet.". But, I didn't grow up calling those 'flip-flops', and old habit die hard.

Judy, this reminds me of my ex-son-in-law who was looking for a birthday present for my daughter just after they got married. He went into the department store to buy her a pair of flip-flops and was really embarassed when the clerk took him to the lingerie counter when he asked to see their thongs.

Judy & Jenny

I have to agree. I definitely would not say "thongs" around my daughters (19 & 21) and have them interpret that to mean "flip-flops". LOL

Although now that I've mentioned it ... who knows? I might just try it.

Loved the pics Amanda!