Recording transactions to/from PayPal

Hello Everyone,

One of my clients transfers money to his PayPal account so that he can pay invoices from PayPal. In the Chart of Accounts, how do I set up PayPal? I need to set up this account to show that my client is transferring money from his business bank account into PayPal and paying vendor invoices from PayPal.

I appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

Barb Gilbert

Barb

I will make the assumption that he will be paying invoices that relate only to his business account through PayPal. If this is not the case, it may have to be treated differently.

One way would be to set up PayPal as a "Bank Account". Then when he transfers money from his business bank account it would show up in the PayPal bank account. Then when he pays the invoice, he would just have to remember to change the bank account from business bank account to his PayPal bank account.

Although PayPal is not technically a bank it SHOULD be set up as a bank account in QuickBooks. You "can" even import PayPal transactions into QuickBooks like you do a regular bank - BUT I would suggest you practice importing into a sample company file several times first. Importing PP can be very tricky because when the file exports it often includes transactions that don't affect the balance and can throw of the balance in QB unless you know what to look for and what to "clean up" from the downloaded transactions.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.