Tawnya Sutherland

Dragons Den Meets the Virtual Assistant World

Last month I auditioned for Dragons Den TV series here in Vancouver (similar to Shark Tank for my USA friends). There were thousands auditioning and I just found out yesterday I was chosen to appear on the show in the upcoming season.

Never be afraid to try something new, it may just happen for you!

I'm soooooooo stoked to meet the Dragons and give them my pitch! Can't wait to film it in May in Toronto.

Hopefully they love my pitch and with 10M+ watching it, it will also bring some awareness to the Virtual Assistant industry.

I won't know until 2 weeks before it's air date in the Fall but will keep you all posted.

Hopefully the Dragons won't rip me apart ;)

Tawnya

OMG! That is so frickin' amazing!!! I do get CBC (they show Dragon Den), so let me know when it airs and I'll be sure to watch when its on.

You go, girl!

I was totally in a day of glory yesterday when I found out. I was fairly confident in my audition but when you think that there are anywhere from 4,000-6,000 auditioning to get on the show, it can get the best of you somedays and make you feel less confident. One thing I did do after my audition to keep the lucky inertia rolling was I bought the domain http://HowToGetonDragonsDen.com ROFL! Hmmmmm....I think there will be a blog there one day when I know I can talk about it all. Right now my mouth has a zipper on it via a consent and release agreement I had to sign. I can't even tell family how my filming goes in May.

It will be sweet to visit Mom and Dad back east too during filming and looking forward to visiting home too :)

I've never heard of Dragons Den but I absolutely LOVE shark tank so this is sooooooo totally awesome!!! I've often watched shark tank and wondered if a VA business would be well received. You are truly being the representative for us all. GOOD LUCK!! =)

Edited by bizbyfaith

OMG! That is so frickin' amazing!!! I do get CBC (they show Dragon Den), so let me know when it airs and I'll be sure to watch when its on.

Dana - you better be DVR'ing that - and figure out a way to post it so we can all watch, hehe...or I'll have to find a Canadian proxy to go through so I can watch on the CBC site after it airs, lol.

It is very good indeed that one of our fellow VAs gets to be on television. You indeed represent VAs worldwide. Best of luck to you!!

Thanks for all the wishes! Starting to get a bit anxious now and wondering "what the heck am I doing again???" LOLOLOL!

I fly out to Toronto (Arnold and my daughter Danielle are going as well) to go before the Dragons on Tuesday. Hopefully they don't breathe too much fire my way ;)

Also going on the show with me will be:

Robertt Neilly of www.delphianva.com

Jocelyn Reyes Midghall of www.yourfabva.com

Danielle Beauchemin of www.imlovingthis.com and daniellebeauchemin.com

Jacqueline Gormley (this is a childhood friend I've not see for about 15 years so will be a good reunion)

It's going to be fun!

After that, I'm going to take a week off and go visit my parents and my brother and his family. Take a few days and go up to Bon Echo Park in Ontario and hang at my Mom and Dad's cottage. I might even try my hand at fishing again as it is so peaceful out on the lake in the tin boat plus I love eating pan fried fish from the lake.

So I'll be gone for about 2 weeks and will miss all you! I just get back on June 1st and my g/f Lynn Terry of www.ClickNewz.com is flying in for a week. We're going to go to the Social Media Camp in Victoria, BC at www.VAnetworking.com/smc

Back in a few weeks! Although I'll probably stop in whenever I am around an Internet connection so I won't be that far away ;)

Bye everyone!

Tawnya 0x

Just an update...I am scheduled to appear before the Dragons today after lunch. Can't seem to shake my nervousness. I've done plenty of public speaking before so not sure why my stomach is feeling so sick LOL!

Had a wonderful rehearsal lunch yesterday with Rob, Joceyln and Jacqueline and glad we had the time together to relax and get to know each other better. We're all in it together at this point and that thought somewhat helps knowing we are all excited to be on the TV show.

I won't be able to talk about the outcome of the show as I'll be signed under a 16 page contract not to speak about it until after it airs on TV sometime in the new fall season. They let me know when it is going to air appproximately 2 weeks before.

Just thought I'd check in with those following our VA adventure. I've attached a picture of us getting ready for rehearsal but can't say anymore about it until after it airs so don't ask me ;)

DSC_0112-1.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

Tawnya

Thanks for keeping us updated!!! I can't wait until the season starts and your segment airs to find out what happens!

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Are You a VAinsider?
    Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Job Board *
    * VA Training Tracks*
    * Group Coaching *
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    *Checklist & eBooks *
    * Seminar Archives *
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

Virtual Assistant Organization Association

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Click to see your AD here!

Cool Virtual Assistant of the month!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.