Guest Conrad

Business or Start-Up Plan?

Hi Conrad! - Don't forget to go up to My Controls and set up your two line signature line so we can get to know you a little better.

In my opinion, it is a necessity to have a business plan. When you take the time to develop a thorough business plan, you have an excellent idea as to where you are going with your business. You then have something to refer back to often to ensure that you are on track. If you are serious about your business, a BP is a MUST!

thumbup.gif

Guest CindyHillsey

I agree with Becki. It is an excellent tool so that you know where you are going and how you are going to get there. IHMO, it should be a "living" document and one that you utilize regularly. biggrin.gif

Cindy

Hi Conrad,

I was trained as a VA by AssistU. When I learned that writing a business plan was a part of the training, I admit to being really unhappy at the thought of all the research, financials, marketing plan, etc. It was due around the 11th week of the 20-week program, and the whole class (6 of us) really dreaded it.

However, once I got into it I realized how much I was learning through the process. It was invaluable to me and still is. Frequently when I'm defining my background and my business to potential clients or business associates, I tell them that I have a business plan. This immediately gives me credibility; It says that I'm a business owner who is serious about my business.

So, I encourage you to take the time and make the effort; it's a worthy investment in your business - if you're serious! tongue.gif

Guest TerryGreen

Conrad,

I have to agree with all of the posts about having a business plan. Whether or not you do the lengthier business plan that is very detailed and the kind usually required to get loans or grants - or do a one-page business plan, you need to put something in writing so that you know where you're going and how you're going to get there. I never saw the purpose until I actually did one. My business plan is constantly changing as my business grows, and encompasses both long and short term goals and plans. When I took the time to sit down and map out both my business plan and my marketing strategies, I had a much clearer vision regarding my goals and how I was going to achieve them. I make it a point to review and update it at least every six month.

Terry

Guest clark_christa

Hi Conrad,

Yep, I too agree on the advice about a business plan. It will help you out so much because you'll know your business inside and out (and it'll prevent unforseen problems from occurring in the future).

I am in the middle of putting one together, so I know just how daunting it is sick.gif! But there are a lot of resources out there on the web and in business centres or classes at your community college that can help out.

Here is a great website I've been using lately: http://www.cbsc.org/ibp/home_en.cfm

(Interactive Business Planner)

HTH,

Christa C.