Laurie R

EMAIL MARKETING

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has done email marketing. I have our local Chamber or Commerce directory and was considering sending out emails to let local businesses know of my services BUT I am not sure that I would be allowed. Would this be considered spamming?

Has anyone tried this before? I would love your thoughts and advice.

Thanks in advance

Laurie

What is the policy for your local chamber? If it's okay to use the list this way, then go for it. Just know that you should expect (and invite) similar email from other members.

Edited

Your information should be available to other members through some sort of descriptive directory, either printed, online or both. You could use a mass email as a mini-press release to announce something new at your business or make a special offer to Chamber members.

Edited by VA-Judy6

Guest ReeseBY

Hi Laure,

I have very strong feelings about email marketing and sending unsolicited emails to people who have not given you permission to market to them. Don't do it! It's spam and you'll be wasting your time and energy. Make sure you're marketing to people who really want to hear from you. It's better to have a really small email list of engaged "listeners/prospects" than a big list of people who really could care less about you or what you're offering.

A great way to get a large amount of people signed up to your email list is to speak at your local chamber of commerce, put a fish bowl out and tell the crowd that if they are interested in learning more to please put their business card in the fishbowl. This is the permission you are looking for and it works wonders!

• Like 1

i agree with Reese. Unless they have specifically given you permission - don't do it. The only exception to this would be if it were a Chamber sponsored event or a local community type event. Let them get to know you, give you permission to contact them - you'll get a much open and receptive response.

First check with your local Chamber on whether or not you can email the list. More than likely you can't bulk email them all. If you can however, then you have some options.

First, I wouldn't start out with an email that says hey I'm a VA, hire me ;) Don't send something salesy.

Instead you might want to write about your first meeting with them all and how much you enjoyed meeting everyone (yada yada), or maybe send out an email to the group raving about the speaker that was at the last event. Just don't push for them to buy your services. Don't say anything about your business really. This isn't about you persay its about networking and forming relationships with the members first and foremost.

Saying that you could maybe throw in a free gift (like an ebook or something) that they can download at your website (thereby officially signing them up to your list).

Whatever your first email is, don't sell to them, instead give something of value to them.

Another option is just to email a couple of people you met and connected with and say how sweet it was to get to know them at the meeting and look forward to seeing them at the next one. Do this after each meeting, slowly connecting individually with each member over time. Form the relationship first then sell later. Get to know the attendees individually and ask them what they do in case you ever need their services and such. Again, don't talk about what you can do for them, instead show an interest in what they do.

Of course don't forget to put your signature line in your email with a link to your website just in case they want to check you out. Or have a newsletter signup at end of your signature. Better yet, something free they can download which auto signs them up to your newsletter list which they can then unsubscribe from in the future if they want.

The best way I think to utilize the list if you are allowed to is to slowing form relationships and learn about the other members. Show an interest in them and eventually they'll start asking about what you do.

• Like 5

vainsiders.jpg

Guest Jaynae

Hi,

How do you create list to begin email marketing? I would like to start but do not know how...

If you have a website, entice traffic to it to sign up to your list by offering them something of value if they do. ie) free ebook, tip sheet, etc.

People just won't sign up for nothing anymore, you got to give your best away to start building a good list. Saying that, don't be cheap in what you give away. Write an informative ebook your market would like or have someone write it for you. If people feel gifted they learn to trust you and eventually once your list is going strong you can start marketing to it. The $$$ is in the List ;)

• Like 2

vainsiders.jpg

Email marketing service is good if you have just started your business because initially most of the business do not have their references, or contacts to get customers, and email marketing will give you an option to market your product to 1 Millions of Customers at very low cost. Let me know if you are interested.

You can also PM me.

Well Thanks :)

• Like 1

Hi Laure,

Good day to you. I have done email email marketing and it plays an important role in online marketing. Email marketing will help you to get lots of benefits at your own comfort level.

Increase Sales Conversion:
It is highly difficult to convert a lead to a potential sales customer on first visit to the website. Email campaigns on a regular basis will keep the user posted about latest information and will intrigue him/her to visit the website and stay in touch with it. This will slowly convert him/her as a potential customer in the long term.

Generate Repeat Sales:
A regular update through emails will keep the user interested to know more about the offers and discounts available on the products and services. He/She might engage in doing more than one business very often.

Cross Sell and Up Sell
It is very easy to convince the existing customers to do cross selling and up selling the products. The email campaigns have the ability to execute these business tactics.

To avoid spamming your email must be personalized and not promotional.

If you have unanswered questions in your mind about email marketing, feel free to contact me for more information

Thank you and have a great day :flowers:

Edited by Danielle

If you have a website, entice traffic to it to sign up to your list by offering them something of value if they do. ie) free ebook, tip sheet, etc.

People just won't sign up for nothing anymore, you got to give your best away to start building a good list. Saying that, don't be cheap in what you give away. Write an informative ebook your market would like or have someone write it for you. If people feel gifted they learn to trust you and eventually once your list is going strong you can start marketing to it. The $$$ is in the List ;)

Like Tawnya said, the step is always like this:

first, people find you, then get value from you, then trust you,

last they buy some products or service from you.

• Like 2

Hi. Email marketing is indeed a great way to reach your potential paying clients, as part of seo marketing. You can have your business message sent to them using this medium of communication, however, there really is a need for you to do this is moderation as there are times when too much sending leads to account being spammed. Thanks =)

Hi All,

I've just started up as a VA, and am looking to attract customers. Does anyone know where I can get hold of SME business lists in the UK so I can begin contacting these businesses? I do have customers, but would like more so would want to build up a good network of contacts to market myself in the future.

Am quite heavily involved with a local businessman who has asked me to get referrals to his business for him - do you think it would be cheeky of me to ask him to refer people through to me?

Kind Regards

James