Laurie R

EMAIL MARKETING

I agree with the peeps that said check with your Chamber. Ours says NO to "email marketing" which to them means multiple emails, however they are ok with a single introductory email, sent to members individually. Introduce yourself and your business, how you help other business people, that you plan to be active in the Chamber and you hope to meet them soon at Chamber events. I always say something along the idea of, I hope we can help/utilize each others services. Keep it short and sweet and not a pushy sales letter. I got a few clients that way.

I also do email cold calls and I've gotten clients that way too. I'm specific in that regard as well. For example I already happen to work for 3 local custom home builders. So I sent out individual emails (again short and sweet) and explained to them the ways that I might be able to help them that are specific to their business. I know all the processes in our area for submitting building permits, I've worked together with the historical commissions, architects, engineers, I draft small projects (decks, simple remodels don't need architectural plans), etc. I've had a very positive response there and have gotten 1 more client and about 10 project jobs.

All in all in my view it depends on the approach you take.

Susan

• Like 1