Hello everyone,

A friend of mine has told me about the forum and here I am to become a learning member of this network.

My name is Andrea Busch, I am a native German, but moved over to the UK 2 years ago.

Times are tough and for some reasons times for admins are even tougher. So instead of sitting at home and doing nothing I've thought I can sit at home and work. I had a lovely job over the last couple of months, sadly it was just for the time of a project and the company couldn't keep me as full member of their staff. But since they have their product out in Germany, which will need some sort of follow-up services, I was asked to provide my services on a freelance base. Gladly I took the chances ... and found myself in the middle of start-up workshops. This is going on for 3 months now.

I am still struggling to find my bearings, but I've managed to build up a basic website (http://www.iassistyour.biz) and even became a member of linkedin, facebook and twitter. Still trying to figure out, what possibly I could tell over these platforms, what wasn't told 1000 times before and would be interesting to people checking me out. Not that there are many people to check me out yet, but I am hopeful.

My business is all about "assisting". I am carving out my niche (my general introduction pitch is along the line "Hi, I am Andrea and I speak German and Tech. How can I assist your biz?"), but other than that I have identified my market targets (SMEs who are trading with a German Partner or companies in the IT, construction & motor (cars/bikes) section, I am still unsure how the actual work for them should look like. At the moment I think I will adapt it simply to what the customers will ask from me. Any pointers are highly appreciated though.

Personal Life: Not married (actually trying to move out from a split up partnership at the moment), no kids, 37 years old (tick-tock), 2 cats. I have a great interest in history, cultural exchange, people, researching (not only for the job's sake, I can sit there for hours and read through wikipedia etc.), I used to say: Languages, but after I've tried to learn quite a lot of them (i.e. but not reduced to: English, Latin, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, French, Roma, Polish, Norwegian, Ancient Egypt, Coptic, Old & New Greek, Arabic, Turkish, Html, Java, C++, Lisp and many more) and only ever shined in English and Latin, I gave up on liking languages. Now I just like to say "Hello" in any of the above languages :-)

People tend to tell me either: "You are very bold" (in England that is NOT necessarily a compliment, but I am of the good sort (I hope), bold, but friendly) or "You are quirky and quaint" (Yeah, I suppose I am). Very common is also that I seem to leave the impression that I am kind. Sometimes I could kick myself, because others get what they want and I just hope that my good deeds will come around for me one day. Well, I keep on hoping...

I do have one request to all of you (plus the usual ones of getting hints how to develop my business): I like to improve my English skills whenever possible. Now I know, that I am not altogether bad in the usage of this language. But I do have a knack for "quirky" sentence constructions and of course some Grammar issues. So if you see anything totally out of the usual order please please, don't hesitate to tell me, e.g. via private message. Don't worry to feel "impolite", I totally don't mind criticism (I only might burst ino tears in front of my computer *justkidding*) and find it rather helpful. As I've said, I am quite bold and honest myself, so I do respect that in others as well. I feel, that in order to become the best assistant for my customers I need to improve myself every day a little bit more. So I'd really appreciate anything which helps me on my way.

Ok, that has become quite a lengthy introduction to my person. I can be such a chatterbox *G*.

Wish you all the best and hope to get plenty of insights in the future.

Welcome to VAnetworking Andrea!

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Hi Andrea, welcome to VAnetworking!

I'm not sure what time zone you are in over there but every Thursday at 4PM PDT we hold a VAjot Social Night. You can read more about it here:

http://www.vanetworking.com/seminars

Maybe I will see you there!

Providing exceptional online support services to businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010. Visit my website to learn more.

---

Brand New? Check out the Virtual Assistant Career Program.
Veteran VA? Check out the VAinsiders Club (Job Board, Group Coaching plus extensive training resources)

I'm not sure what time zone you are in over there but every Thursday at 4PM PDT we hold a VAjot Social Night. You can read more about it here:

http://www.vanetworking.com/seminars

Maybe I will see you there!

@ All - Thank you for the friendly welcome.

@Danielle - It is 11pm in the UK then. If I am not already sleeping by then I will try to take part on these. I only need to install the webinarssoftware (and obviously have to have a headphone), right?

I wouldn't have to actually call someone, which would incur phone costs?

Something else: I've tried to have a look on the VA Talkshow ... and was shocked to get a malware warning! Could someone please look into this?

Personally I've encountered yesterday, that the British tax system is a three line system, while back in Germany I would have 1000s more lines to fill. Of course only 3 lines if you are under a certain turnover... or was it profit? This or that way, it was a pretty high amount of £70k. Are VAs actually able to have a turnover of 70k, let alone a profit? What are these VAs doing better? What can I learn from them?

Anyhow, hope everyone is well and had a good week.

There are no calls involved for our webinars - completely web based. A headset/microphone is encouraged for VAjot night, but not required - you can use text chat if you don't have a microphone, but it makes it a better experience for everyone if we can hear your voice - plus, we'll probably remember you a lot more.

As for VA Talkshow - that is no longer active, but I will look into it.