Tawnya Sutherland

Input Tax Credits GST

I have 3 Classes in my quickbooks for 3 different companies. I am trying to find my ITCs for one of the classes yet it only shows them for all even though I have filtered it out for one class to show. I know some of the ITCs have been assigned to the one class as I manually did that as a test to one yet it doesn't show up in my reports. Any suggestions how to find this total amount out?

Tawnya

vainsiders.jpg

I even made a filtered report on GST Payable to include filters like bills, payments, credit memos, etc. But still nothing shows up except for the one class. Maybe this is a settings thing now in company setup? I used to be able to filter out the ITCs this way in previous versions but not 2010 which is bizarre!

vainsiders.jpg

Hi Tawyna,

I'm not tech savvy ,but I do love the internet and I didn't have an idea what ITCs are but since I was curious and I wanted to learn more I did a quick search on Google ,I don't know if this is what you're looking for or even if you want answer from someone who actually has done it. What ever the case maybe ,I'm giving you 4 sites that I found and I hope they will help but now I do have an idea what ITCs are, so , THANKS :) and Thanks for creating this forum !!!

http://www.docstoc.com

http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca

http://its.uiowa.edu

You might not be able to do it in 2010 since it had the HST changeover tool in this version. I am not sure if you mean you have 3 companies in 1 company file or 3 different company files with 3 classes.

I even made a filtered report on GST Payable to include filters like bills, payments, credit memos, etc. But still nothing shows up except for the one class. Maybe this is a settings thing now in company setup? I used to be able to filter out the ITCs this way in previous versions but not 2010 which is bizarre!

Tawnya - did you get an answer? Thinking sort of outside the QuickBooks "box", regarding sorting and filtering data, is it possible that one of your fields has an invisible or barely visible character in it which causes a certain category or field to become excluded? This might not make sense for QB but I know I've experienced it with spreadsheet data and custom mapping tables. Those "space" and "." characters can cause a problem with filters...

I've been busy working on the same deadline... glad it's done! Hope you got an answer to your issue by now.

Kathy

~ ~ ~ ~
Kathy Anderson :: Anderson Business Support Services :: VideoBranders.com :: Phoenix, Arizona, USA ~
Facebook :: Twitter :: LinkedIn :: About.Me :: Videobranders.com