infinityweb

Write New Content or Spin Article?

Hi fellow VA’s

As part of the tasks of virtual assistants, we often write articles and other contents for our clients, or sometimes we even spin different articles to create a new one…

If you were asked, which do you prefer, to write a new and unique content or spin the article?

Me? I prefer to write a new article because I can elaborate all my thoughts without the worry of plagiarism as assurance for the client site’s security. :yay:

Share your views.. Thanks

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Your thoughts about a new article are good. Re-purposing has more value than just keeping the article funnel full. People today are bombarded with so much information that they can use the refresher to keep you top-of-mind. Re-writing -- re-purposing -- spinning gives them the "mashed potatoes" again in"potato patties" or "potato salad". Their minds will absorb the 'freshened' information.

• Like 1

Guest Karon Thackston

It's my opinion (and that of Google) that spinning articles just creates piles of duplicate or semi-duplicate content. Yes, I know, the whole idea of article spinning is to *avoid* duplicate content filters, but it doesn't take any type of sophisticated software to detect that an article has had a thesaurus taken to it, ya know? :) This is one of the primary elements in the Panda Update that has caused article directories to lose the majority of their PageRank with Google. In fact, most article directories now state in their terms of service that they do not allow spun articles. (How they would enforce that, I don't know.)

yeah, both of you have the point. .. and I guess, rewriting is sometimes merely replacing the words with its synonyms but the thought is still the same.. yet the worst thing that will happen is when the article loses its value because of trying to stick with the original article...

• Like 1

If you are extremely pressed for time, spinning or rewriting your own content using synonyms may be necessary though hardly the best reflection on you. Because I spend so much time creating content for clients, I HATE plagiarism. It is never right or necessary to take someone else's content and plagiarize, spin, or mangle it by rewriting it in synonyms. Use social sharing buttons or ask for permission to quote the true author's content verbatim and include a byline with a live link to his/her Web site.

Its best to write new articles. For some editing the spun articles are more time consuming than writing a new one. I'm not an article writer but I know some of my friends who write articles and they say its better to write new articles.

It depends..If you have time.,..write your article if not find someones good quality article and spin it.. :naughty:

I don't recommend using other people's articles and spinning them. This is stealing in my opinion. Article spinning is not a marketing process I recommend anyhow and is not beneficial imo to your search engine marketing processes.

Article spinning seems to come from the internet marketers' mindset: "I want a fast and push button solution". Truth is, there's no such thing and I'm glad everybody is on the same page here .

I feel this marketing strategy is one that some newbies to internet marketing with the penny pinching mindset have. They feel this will bring in heaps of traffic via content marketing but the only ones getting rich are the ones selling the tools to do so.

I'm ashamed to admit that I bought some spinners back in the day.

One thing I would tell my clients is this: You are the expert in your field. You need to write the content.

Some may disagree with me there but it's my opinion in the majority of cases.

• Like 2