Tawnya Sutherland

Hey Tawnya ... Business Flooded out

Guest clark_christa

bighug.gif

Tawnya,

What an ordeal you've been going through! Our hearts certainly go out to you - that landlord sounds like a nightmare -- keep up the good fight!

Becki is right - this whole situation is probably going to give way to something much nicer and better for you in the long run.

Take care of you and your son,

Christa

And since this seems to be a good thread for smilies, I'll add this one (I've been looking for a good excuse to use it!)

cher.gif

Thanks everyone for your support! It's what I desperately need right now, positive support.

I have now secured one place to rent but it has no place for my office which would have to be in the kitchen. I will take this place if nothing else comes through but don't want to since it is a year's lease and will not house my business very comfortably.

There is another place that I truly want and it is a whole house but only about 900 sq feet. Saying that, it is on three floors so seems airy. The basement is a seperate entrance of two very clean panelled rooms but no heat. It is insulated though and my thoughts are that I could heat with a small heater during the winter months since it doesn't get that cold here. It would be ideal since it is actually a seperate entranced office in the basement of the house. The view is breathtaking, 180 degree view of the ocean and steps to the beach. I am crossing my fingers and praying for no more disappointments hoping we get approval for this place.

Anyhow, off to pick up my son at his school. His friends are all coming back to swim at the motel pool here and to be honest I am so tired to watch them but will since to a kid, this is a fun place to be LOL!

Warmly,

Tawnya

Guest TerryGreen

Tawnya,

Wow ohmy.gif ! I'm rootin' for the house you want. It sounds wonderful - and a walkout to the beach to boot! I'm originally from Southern California, and now in Ohio. I've never, ever lived this far from the ocean, and I really miss it. We've been going to Cancun for our big yearly vacation, but one week at the beach just doesn't cut it.

My crossfingers.gif for the house with the ocean view!

Terry

ps: I didn't know there was anywhere in Canada that didn't get really cold in the winter.

ps: I didn't know there was anywhere in Canada that didn't get really cold in the winter.

It's funny to see that most think Canadians all live in ice and snow wearing parkas, snowmobile boots and toques everyday to work wink.gif

In Vancouver, the weather is the same here as it is in Seattle. Rainy (well, not quite as rainy as Seattle) and fairly mild winters. It is seldom we get snow except up in the mountains.

Tawnya

Guest TerryGreen

You got it! I was once told by someone from Ireland that "we Americans" live in a bubble. I know I probably do. I've been to Puerto Rico, Mexico, the Virgin Islands, Korea and Japan, but I still don't know much about anywhere else. When we went on vacation to the northern part of Vermont, I made my husband take me into Canada just to cross the border and come back so I could say I'd been there tongue.gif . I'd love to actually visit, because I've heard it's quite beautiful.

Terry

Wow 12 days I have been shut down because of this flood. Anyhow, good news, I got a house and move in Feb 1-2nd. It will take another week for internet hookups however but I am signing a one year lease so should be there for awhile. Its a tiny home, about 1200 sq. ft. but very airy as it is on a rock cliff and three stories. I feel sorry for my son and beau who have to move all the furniture in down the steep stairs. But everyone is so excited to move, hopefully the steep stairs won't be too noticed! HA! Once I move in, I will post some pics. The basement has two rooms, painted blue and purple (artist used to live here). Sounds horrible but it is very eccletic. It has seperate entrance from the main house and will be where I house my office. It is unheated but will figure something out there. The main house is a kitchen (with dishwasher yeah!) which is clean and bigger than my last one. There is a beautiful but tiny living room with f/p and a 180 view/deck of the ocean. Upstairs has A-frame walls so tiny but unique. Anyhow, I am excited to move. The price is about $500 more a month than my last place so looks like I will have to work harder is all. Gotta run here, school trip today with son.....take care everyone!

House sounds lovely Tawnya!

I'm sure it will feel like home in a short time!

Nancy applause.gif

Guest coxadmin

Hi Tawnya

I hope it's all straight forward from now and and that moving day goes well.

Great news Tawnya, I'm so happy for you.

Sounds like your new place is wonderful with a view of the ocean! Only 4 more zz.gif to go!

smile.gif

Guest clark_christa

Woohoo! Tawnya, that's great smile.gifsmile.gif

The house does sound lovely and quite romantic! Yes, please post some photos!

I too am used to living by the ocean...grew up in Newfoundland and hung around PEI most of my teenage years. Now I'm not anywhere close (the closest nice beach is about 1.5 hrs away on Lake Erie, which, lets face it...ain't no ocean!). I miss the smell of the salt sea air!!!

I'm like you, Terry in terms of traveling...I've traveled around Canada and Europe, but only a couple of places in the States (Vermont, New Hampshire, Lake Placid). I would LOVE to travel more in the US. New Orleans would be my first pick BUT NOT at Mardi Gras! (I like parties, but that's too much!)

Vancouver and Victoria are GORGEOUS - I visited a long time ago (Expo '86), and it was a blast.

OMG, as I was typing this, our water pipe froze & burst in the basement and flooded the kitchen! Not as bad as your situation, Tawnya, but it gave us a startle! What a way to start the weekend! Dang, should have washed my hair this morning.

Guest MaryR

Congratulations on getting the house! It sounds wonderful, even the blue and purple lol (my favorite colors!) Can't wait to see pictures.

Mary

Guest AmandaD

Sounds wonderful - I miss the salt sea air (smelling it on a regular basis that is)

I know that living in NS I'm never very far from the ocean, but I grew up right on the water and now I live next to a stinky cow field and have to drive for about 30 mins to smell the salt air - I can appreciate the wonderful location you have found for your new home.

Good luck with the move, I know how much of a pain it can be (I did it last March when I was 3 mos pregnant) but unpacking all of your stuff and decorating makes up for all the hard work.