Debbie Lynn

I hope you'll help my daughter out with your votes

My daughter, Lisa, has been nominated for a PA Tech Award for creating the SpanishTechbook, an online beginning Spanish resource she is sharing with Spanish teachers and students around the world. She (and I) would appreciate your vote for her for the People's Choice Award here. Thanks!

Thank you Ruth and Patty and everyone else who voted or tried to vote!

Unfortunately, a number of people have had problems voting. Instead of seeing a clickable gold Vote button which turns gray once you vote, they are seeing an unclickable gray Vote button to start. Lisa hopes these people will try again when that Vote button is gold.

No matter what happens, Lisa is encouraged about the amount of attention the SpanishTechbook is getting and how many students will be helped in the process. Thank you all!

Continued thanks to all those who are voting for Lisa and sharing the link at http://www.techquestawards.com/leaderboard with their social networks. You all are amazing! You are also making it possible for an individual--not an organization or a professor at a university with access to an alumni mailing list--to be at the top of the leaderboard. Thank you.

Note: post modified because link worked but URL did not cut and paste.

Edited by Debbie Lynn

Debbie

This might help some of you that had difficulty in voting (as I did). I use Firefox as my browser, but each time I tried to vote I was unable to. So I copied the url and opened up Internet Explorer, pasted in the url -and I GOT TO VOTE!! Of course, I voted for your daughter.

Debbie

This might help some of you that had difficulty in voting (as I did). I use Firefox as my browser, but each time I tried to vote I was unable to. So I copied the url and opened up Internet Explorer, pasted in the url -and I GOT TO VOTE!! Of course, I voted for your daughter.

Thanks, Linda. Voting has been problematic for many people we know. Some, like you, had trouble with Firefox but Internet Explorer worked. Others failed with IE but succeeded with FF or Chrome. Thank you for trying again AND for voting for Lisa.

Voting continues until midnight on March 28. The awards people have now updated the leaderboard to show each nominee's name in alphabetical order instead of ranked by number of votes.

Thanks to friends and kind strangers in forums and on social media, Lisa has had people from around the world check out her SpanishTechbook (and, hopefully, vote for her too).

Thank you all for your support for Lisa! In a field of over 100 individuals, large companies, government entities, and educational institutions, your votes helped her come in at second place for the People's Choice award. She was also a finalist for Technology Educator of the Year and Technology Product of the Year. Thanks!