Sign in to follow this  
Kathy C

Social Media Tip

Take 5 minutes today and go to your Facebook Page. Share some insight to the people here.

The best way is if you have read an interesting article online - and one relevant to your target market. Copy the link to the article and then in the Facebook Page, write a few words about why you liked it, felt it was helpful etc. It's always good to do in a way that encourages a response. Then paste in the link after your wise words and hit the share button.

You have now given the people on your Facebook Page some info and your opinion on why they should read the article.

Ideally what we are looking for is for people on the page to respond and talk about it. Let me know what kind of reaction you get. And if this is new, there may be none... you need to build the trust from the people connected so sometimes it takes a few before they react.

Now, don't do 20 a day or anything, that would be too much. One every couple days is ideal to start.

Here is my link: http://smallbusinessbonfire.com/ Small Business Bonfire is useful and fun.

My page is http://facebook.com/socialmediamarketingstrategy

Posting more than 2-3 times a day can actually hurt. Don't let that bother if you have something to say, but be watchful. Also recommended about 3 to 4 hours apart.

It helps when the article we like or the statement we make stimulates comment from fans. I also like to make a comment because I'm set up for this to go right to Twitter. If I don't comment, it can go as a link only. That looks odd on Twitter.

Hey JudyAnn...

Good tip here: "I also like to make a comment because I'm set up for this to go right to Twitter. If I don't comment, it can go as a link only. That looks odd on Twitter. " That always looks very odd.

I have ventured above the 2-3 a day now (definitely spread out) and am finding it it actually helping. More people commenting and liking, but again it comes down to what content you post.

Some days and some followers really 'play' with lots of action. I have a friend/client who posted a vote last week to get a choice for the cover on her new book. That and several other things got her new likes and she has 197 talkers. Outrageous! We know most of it is connected to the book cover and it can drop like a rock next week, but she does get some great traffic at her page.

Good content, even if controversial has influence on whether I will get caught in the update swirl. I have occasionally gone back and removed a post to get away from the other commenters. So, I want to make updates that will share and if possible, attract action.

Good day! I would like to inform you that the tips that you've been discussed are very nice tips for the social media. I appreciated it a lot.At the same time, I also gained more knowledges and informations about the tips.

Best regards,

contact center