Sign in to follow this  

technical aspects of bookkeeping services

So I haven't been on much lately because unfortunately my life has taken me in a different direction but now I am back to dreaming of having my own business and in my corporate life I handle bookkeeping for over 75 people so I am considering reopening my doors but in the direction of bookkeeping instead of being a generalist but I am having difficulty figuring out the technical aspects of it so I was hoping that everyone here could help me out.

What do you use so that clients can see their Quickbooks file?

I was looking at Versacheck and that seems like it's ideal for bookkeeping services but when you print the checks out do you only print the account number and router number or does it print the entire check? Also, does it keep track of what check number it should be on each account?

All the people that I do bookkeeping for in my corporate job all use the same checking account so I am trying to get the logistics of working with multiple clients and accounts figured out so any help with that would be great as well.

Tracy Collins

Hi Tracy and great to see you stopping by again ;)

I think it is a great idea to niche yourself in bookkeeping if that is your service love. Not only will you enjoy your business more having a specialization and focus but you'll make more money too as you can usually charge more than a generalist VA having a niche.

My accountant uses Dropbox to send me updated Quickbooks file monthly.

I'm not familiar with Versacheck and hopefully someone else can answer that one for you.

Hopefully Candy will chime in on this post ;)

Tawnya

vainsiders.jpg

There's always Quickbooks Online, but most of us HATE it. There are plenty of hosting services too - just google "quickbooks hosting". It will place it on a server where you both log into the file. I prefer that method because you can use the actual desktop version not the cruddy online version (yuck!). We have our own server so we use it that way. It's really nice not to have to play "pass the file" - that's for sure!

I use VersaCheck with several clients and yes, you print the whole check. Nice not to have to have check stock for each client and it's easy to add folks and not have to worry about little address changes, etc.

Good luck!

Thank you for the input. I really appreciate it. I'm also wondering about being bonded and E and O insurance. I think it would be a good idea but to just start out they are both really expensive. Do you have any suggestions for this? Do you think it's okay to start out with neither of them or do you know of someplace that I can purchase E & O insurance for a decent price?

Tracy Collins

Thank you for the input. I think that is all the questions in regards to the technical/logistical aspects of Bookkeeping that I have right now. You guys are great.

Tracy

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.