Sign in to follow this  

Upgrade or not? Quickbooks 2009 and other questions

Okay so I've been thinking about bookkeeping and getting prices for things and so on but I have a couple of more questions

Right now I have Quickbooks Pro 2009 and I'm wondering if it is worth it for me to upgrade right now. I will in the future once I start getting clients but I'm wondering if Quickbooks has made that many improvements or features that justifies spending $200 before getting clients?

Speaking of upgrading, if I use 2009 or even when I upgrade, will it cause a problem with clients using either a newer or older version?

One more thing for now, if I go to a Quickbooks hosting and allow the client to be able to login and make changes as well, do I need to purchase a multi-user license?

Thanks in advance

Tracy Collins

I upgrade every year, but only upgrade our servers every other year. We have 2011 now, we'll do 2013. You will need to talk to your technology person about how many licenses to purchase and who purchase them for, etc. There are also several hosting services out there. Google Quickbooks Hosting (do not use My Real, I've had bad experiences as have several others I know).

thank you for that. I appreciate the input. Have you had any experience with Right Networks or know anybody who has? I was looking into them and I also talked to one of the sales people and it looks pretty good. One of the things that I like is that they actually offer the ability to lease Quickbooks Pro. How many clients actually want you to use your QB that you have installed on your computer (not server, but computer) and then send the file back to them? I was thinking of this but I'm just wondering how many issues that can cause with sending the file back and forth. Probably a lot. :)

I love this forum. I think I have the logistics figured out and then I read a post that answers my questions and I think of other things.

Tracy

I've heard good things about Right Networks. I think, after talking to several over the past week, I would probably go with http://www.cloudaspects.com/ - they seem to have their stuff together, answered the phone (which is a HUGE thing for me - when I call, I want a human), and were knowledgeable. They also do QB leasing.